I am so sorry you are sick today and we didn't get to do anything fun, but I thoroughly enjoyed your company. Being alone with you today allowed me to reflect on the many things I love about you. You are so considerate of others. You said so many times throughout the day today that you were sorry as if you had to apologize for being sick. I think you knew I had been sick and maybe it wasn't your turn. Being in the middle isn't easy, I know. You do have a way of asserting yourself to make sure you are not left out though. I could tell you liked bossing me around today. You like to be the boss when sister's not around. I like the way you beat me at cards-it makes you so happy and I love to see your little mind working out a strategy for how you're gonna bring me down. I love the way you laugh when I pretend to be mad when I lose. I appreciate the way you try to smooth things over. Allison is always quick to judge me since she has such high expectations of me, but you are always quick to say, "That's okay, Mom." The name Zoey in Greek means "life" and the name you share with your sister "grace" means "God's unmerited favor." That is exactly what I hope for you--a life full of God's grace.
I am sorry we were not able to plan a big party for you this year. Thank you for understanding that mommy is still recovering. I want you to read what I have written here one day and know that I will do everything I can to beat cancer and that I pray you never have to go through this. You and Allison and Anders are the reason why I will fight like a girl until I can be completely well. I pray that you will continue to sing and play soccer and live like God's little princess. I know God has a special plan for your life and I can't wait to see what it is. I make mistakes everyday Zoey, but please know that your dad and I are doing the best we can to provide a loving, Christian home, to keep you healthy and happy, to show you the good things in life and protect you from the bad.
Along with "Happy Birthday" I am singing my special song to you-
Zoey, Zoey girl. Zoey, Zoey girl.
The sweetest thing I've ever seen in the world.
Mommy loves you!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Zoey Grace
You will always hold a special place in my heart. You are a lot like your mother. You always have that sweet beautiful smile on your precious face. I'm sorry you were sick on your birthday, but think of it like this. You got a day out of school and you got to be with moomie all by yourself. I hope you feel better real soon. Love ya,
Ms Pat
Alisa
I hope you hada good day. We are still praying for you and your family.
Love
Pat
Happy Birthday Zoe!!! We are sorry to hear you were sick on your Birthday, We are praying you get better soon. We love you.
Happy Birthday
From The Stephens
With Lots of Love
:-)
Please tell Zoey that I said
"Happy Birthday!"
I love all three of your kids dearly but I feel that I really got to be close to your family when Zoey was born. Therefore, she will always hold a special place in my heart. She is growing up so quickly. Sometimes I just look at her and think "Wow. It just seems like yesterday that she was a tiny baby and I would help take care of her at church." I know that with you being her Mom you must think that very often. I was just looking at mission trip pictures from the year y'all went a couple of days ago. Wow how we have all changed! Zoey is the older now than Allison was then and Anders is about the same age now that Zoey was then. Things change so quickly! I so am glad that I know you and your family and that God has allowed y'all to be a part of my life. I love y'all so much! So Happy Birthday Zoey and may God bless you for many many years to come! :)
Love in Christ,
Ashley
Happy Birthday, Zoey! What a gift that you got your mama all to yourself today! Sorry you felt bad, though! Feel better soon!
Love, Olivia Rampey's mama (Karen)
Today it was Zoey Day an I want to wish you a very happy birthday and let you know when you get older you will understand what wonderful parents you have and how they have put you and your brother & sister first always and you always try to remember that as you grow older they have rasied you to love the Lord since the day you were born and very few childern get that chance in life. I know Nana is coming to pet you this weekend so enjoy love KMJ
Happy Belated Birthday to Zoey!
You are a special little girl. I hope you are feeling better. Like Mrs. Pat said you will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart too. You are a sweet little girl who is loved by many. Thank you and your family for allowing us into your lives. Ya'll are the best.
Love you,
Sandy H
You just love making me cry, don't you! This was beautiful Alisa.
Michelle
Alisa,
It is amazing that God knows when and what we need. Zoey proably just needed the day with you.I really think you should go into like Christian writing, I know I would buy your book. Love you all .
Melissa A.
On your birthday, special one,
I wish that all your dreams come true.
May your day be filled with joy,
Wonderful gifts and goodies, too.
On your day I wish for you
Favorite people to embrace,
Loving smiles and caring looks
That earthly gifts cannot replace.
I wish you fine and simple pleasures.
I wish you many years of laughter.
I wish you all of life’s best treasures.
I wish you happily ever after!
Happy Birthday!
Hope you are feeling better!
S Donald
Post a Comment