CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Peace and quiet

The kids have been gone most of the day with Amy and Carl to Gattitown and I'm sure they are having a blast. Meanwhile, I've been relaxing, eating Twizzlers, drinking sweet tea and enjoying the quiet. It's during these quiet times (when I am awake) when I can really reflect on all that has happened and how good God has been. I'm so thankful that the cancer isn't anywhere else. I am so thankful that they did both surgeries at the same time. I am so thankful that I have such competent, caring doctors.I am so thankful that I have very little pain. I am so thankful for a husband that will give me a bath and empty my drains and wake up in the middle of night to give me meds and crackers and more sweet tea. I'm thankful for a mother-in-law who can come into my home and take over and not get on my nerves. (I mean, who can say that honestly?) I am so thankful for so many friends who call and visit and bring delicious food and love me and my family. I am thankful for old friends and relationships renewed. I am thankful for my RSBC Tuesday AM Bible study friends who have been so concerned and so loving toward someone they barely know. I am thankful for the young people at my church who prayed for me and gave me cards and gifts and sent me text messages at the hospital. I am thankful for my family who has been so supportive even though they are miles away.
I don't want to feel like I did on Tuesday ever again in my life. I never want to get news like I did on Dec. 23rd. I never want to wonder if I'll get to see my children grow up. But I also hope that I never forget this experience and how it's changed my life.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You are an inspiration to me. I can't wait to see you and give you a BIG hug on 2/17. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Changed us too my friend!!! Missed you this morning...the pew was a little empty...Larry said you didn't have to stay home and pout today just because he didn't send all the M&M's! Hah!
Love Ya!!

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Missed your smiling face in the choir today! Hope you had a good day today. Love ya!
Sandy H.