CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I feel the love

Greetings from Greenville Memorial Hospital! Yesterday was the worst day of my life, but today I am alive and kickin. I am virtually pain free on the top and I am only having a little bit on the bottom. We are praising the Lord that everything has gone so smoothly. The morphine pump has been most enjoyable and the sweet tea, Jello, and lip balm is making life easier. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers, care and concern for me and my family. It sounds like I won't have to cook until June and you are fighting amongst yourselves to clean my house.

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

Love you all!

18 comments:

SUZIE said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING WELL AND ARE ENJOYING THE DRUGS! I AM PRAYING FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY FOR YOU!
LOVE YA,

5 Boys And Me said...

So excited to log on and see a post from you - I worried about you all day until I saw Pete's post. I'm glad things went well and you're feeling OK - Let me know when I can come visit when you get home.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing well. I wouldn't expect anything less from Wonderwoman. I can't imagine the amount of prayers coming your way. You are such a deserving person for God's gifts. You help so many other people see the light as well. Keep up the good work and let me know if you need any help with dressing changes I'll be happy to be there.


Praying for all of you to rest, heal and enjoy each other.

Renee

Anonymous said...

Hi yes I just try to send You all a email but it wouldn't work you all are not going to get to eat out for a while because you all have so many people who love and want to do for you all. What a blessing from our great God. I didn't know someone could be so love but I love your hold family ,including your mom & dad and Pete's parents. So just rest in God's arms and enjoy the sweetness he is sending you love FMJ

Anonymous said...

What a mighty God we serve! Praise His name! There is nothing sweeter than the fellowship of believers holding on in prayer and faith for one of God's precious children. You know, Fern, I don't know many of your friends from church or elsewhere, but I still feel so united with them in praying for you. I love being part of THE CHURCH, and I can sense God's Spirit at work. I'm praying that you can feel God's arms holding you tight.

Love, Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Alisa, Pete and Kids:

We are praying for you guys. Everybody was asking about you last night at church, about the kid. I also put your dad on the prayer list last night during the church service as well. We will continue to pray for each and everyone of you through out this journey that God has in store for you and each and everyone of us. We love you!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

Lots of Love and Prayers
The Stephens

Anonymous said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS. I PRAY YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE PAIN FREE. PRAISE THE LORD FOR YOUR GOOD REPORTS. STILL PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FATHER. KEEP US INFORMED ON HIS HEALTH. WE LOVE AND MISS YOU MRS CLEAN.

Anonymous said...

So great to hear that you are doing well. Paula said you looked really good last night. I'm still thinking of you and your family and will continue to pray for your speedy recovery.
Anita Merck

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
So glad to hear you are doing well!
I have been praying for you all week and have my SS class lifting you up as well! Pray God will touch your body, take the pain away and heal you completely so you can get home to love on your husband and babies! You have blessed me so with your sweet walk!
Thank you for sharing this journey with all of us!
In Christ,
Shannon Golden
RSBC ladies Bible Study

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are doing well! God is GREAT!!

Much love,

Angela S.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pete & Alisa! So glad you are doing good...well, you know what I mean...I probably would have been one of those who gave you "that sad look" if I had been at church too, but for some strange reason, each time I think of you or pray for you, although I see tears running down your face, there is that smile that says, GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ME! It's so good to "know" that isn't it. God is so good. I thank him for getting you through the surgeries and possibly your coming home tomorrow. Give our Doc a big hug too...I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Ellison...I love his bedside manners too. Send me a hint when you want/need chicken salad and "I'll be there, you've got a friend"...that old tune just came out. Love you lots, still praying for you, your Knight in shining armor and your precious little ones...yea, I would say they are very special too...like I said, God is good...all the time.
Love you, Diane H.

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
We're so glad to hear that your surgeries went well and that your recovering well. You are an amazingly strong person and I know you couldn't have done it without GOD right beside you every step of the way. WOW, HE is incredible!!! We've been praying for you and your family. We hope you have an easy, next couple days and I look forward to seeing you next week(what's something you and your family would love to have to eat?) I'll be in touch.
Love, Roland, Linda, Olivia
and Sophia Knutson

Anonymous said...

Hey Alisa,
I hope all is going well. I thank God for all he has done for you and your family. I'm so glad God still answers prayer. I love you all. Hope to see you soon. Take care. If ya'll need anything. Please call.
love
Pat

Anonymous said...

It's me again. That morphine pump may leave you today. Enjoy it while you can.
love pat

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweet Girl! Thanks for having your hubby call me yesterday to give me an update. I told him I would come check on you today while I was there for my Dad's by-pass surgery but now I am sick and I don't think you want these germs. My Mom has your room # and wants to come see you while she is waiting for Daddy's surgery to end. Hopefully she will feel comfortable enough to step away from him long enough to check on you. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated not being able to come check on my "can buddy" and my Dad today. By the way - my girls in GAs loved painting the cans! Just passing down the paintbrush! So, can you paint cans while you are laid up in the bed eating chocolates during your recovery time? I'll be there with my painting clothes on as soon as you are up to it! This might call for another cake too! I Love you girl and I am so thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

I've really been doing some heavy duty praying for you and the pain but it sounds like morhphine is doing pretty good (HA HA). I love you and hope everybody is doing well. I've still got my braclet on. I'm beginning to think my name is Alisa!

Anonymous said...

Hello Fern People. Greetings from Clemson...I just read your entire blog and it brought back so many memories. I just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and wishing you the fastest recovery ever in the world. I know you are booked up with casseroles, but I'm pretty good at cleaning out refrigerators if you are ever in need. I've thought about you often and am so proud of you and your family.

Take good care,
Kelly (that girl that had that party over at that house...)

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
We're are so glad to hear how well you are doing and hope that you get to go home today so that you can be back in the comforts of your own home. We'll keep praying for a speedy recovery.

Claudia, Brian & Lexi