CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Just in case you thought he was perfect....

So the knight spends the day putting in a new toilet in our bathroom and he says "you'll like it. It's bigger and higher. It's for industrial size women!!!!" Can you believe it? On Valentine's Day and everything.....

I am feeling better each day, but my stamina is low. We went out for awhile today and I had to come home and nap for 2 hours! I wish I could go to church tomorrow, but I don't think I could make it. Plus I still have the drain tube. I hope to be back next week. I miss the great sermons, the middle school kids, and my church family.

We had a valentine party upstairs today. The girls and Nana had everything all set up and decorated. We ate popcorn, cupcakes and watched a Cinderella Story. It was so fun and the girls were so excited to surprise me with their special effort. I want to make more special occasions in my life. We should strive to make each day special in some way. Time is flying by and soon we'll turn around and these children of ours will be all grown up. You only have a short window of time to make these memories. I have certainly come to realize that so much more since this cancer diagnosis. I want to weed out all the little things that are not important in my days and really focus on the things that matter.

Lord, thank you for loving me today. Thank you for not giving up on me when I was unlovable. Thank you for the love of my family and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We didn't know Pete had such skills...And such a romantic...There is nothing that shows love any more than a new toilet!! After that gift ANYTHING is an improvement! How did YOU break the last one?? Love ya...Missed you at church! Thanks for sharing your Dad's picture...its good to put a face with the name we are praying for.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day. We missed your smiling face today. We're still praying for you and your dad.
Love ya
Pat