Praise the Lord! I am home in my own wonderful bed and just relaxing under God's sheltering wing. The power of prayer is an awesome thing folks. I have experienced it mightily over the past 4 days. Both doctors said my surgeries went very well. Recovery was horrible on Tuesday. I was so nauseated and uncomfortable and out of it and just all around miserable. Thanks to all your prayers and generous doses of drugs, God brought me through it. By Wednesday I was feeling pretty well. Thursday I has a little more nausea and pain, but I had a shower and that perked me up. So I was pleased that the doctors released me, the paperwork got done quickly, and I was home in my own bed by noon. Yippee!!!!
I can't tell you how much it meant to me to know you were all praying for me and my family. I was so pleased to get all your comments on my blog; I couldn't wait to get to the lobby and plug in my computer. Thank you for the cards you sent int he mail and all the many well wishes. The food has been rolling in and we certainly apprecaite that, too. The kids did very well with Nana at the helm. Allison made me all kinds of cards and a welcome home banner for the mantle. Zoey says I smell like the hospital and after the initial welcome home has stayed away. Anders is very interested in mommy's boo-boos and is ready to "heed books!"
It's very strange to look down at my chest and see nothing there. I can't believe how little pain I have there. I thought my arms would be so sore and possibly immobile, but really I have no complaints about the incisions or the pain from the mastectomies. I have the dissolvable stitches and not even any bandages. I have two drains still in my chest to keep it clear and the knight/Dr. Pete is taking care of those for me. The hysterctomy incision and stomach area are pretty painful, but only when I first get up to walk around. They removed the staples before I left and I only have steri-strips there. I imagined myself all stitched up and bandaged up and terribly sore and miserable and I'm not like that at all. I am just amazed at how God has worked all this out for me.
Dad stayed in the Mayo Clinic overnight one night this week and they drained a whole bunch of fluid from his lungs. He is still very weak and there is something going on with his left lung. He is unable to breathe deeply and speaks quietly. I am very worried about him. Hopefully he will get the results from the fluid on Monday and they will tell him what is going on and get him on the road to recovery. He is such a good man who loves the Lord and has always made providing for us an utmost priority. I wish I could do more for him. Thank you for you concern and prayer for him.
there is so much I want to write, but I feel kind of dizzy headed so I will go . thanks again for everything and please know that God is control and there is something in all of this for you too.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Alisa
I am so glad you got to go home.
Your bed will be much more comfortable. Just don't over do it. Let everyone pamper you for a change. Take care!
Love ya,
Pat
Alisa
We are so thankful you are home
and doing so well. You and your
family are in our prayers.
We love all of you.
Charles & Linda
P.S. just learning how to do this!
ray and I are praying really hard for you and your family. I know we don't say it enough, but we really love you guys alot. you are such and amazing person! we are also praying for your dad and mom too. I hope he starts getting better too. the offer still stands for the kids on fridays since i've been blessed to have them off. just let me know! we serve and awesome God and i'm so glad He's taking care of one of His earthly angels! continue to get well and when you get the card from me, hide it from pete! (you'll see why)
Love you bunches and Sandy and i'll see you friday with some wonderful food for you and pete.
Glad you are home AND I AM SURE PETE IS GLAD.The KNIGHT HAS HAD A HARD WEEK TOO> So glad to hear everything is going fine and really glad that they got the fliud out of your dad's lung now they can get him on the right meds.Will bring you lunch tororrow about 1 or 1:30 according how many we are having saved,RIGHT?Always got to pray people will be getting saved. love FMJ
Glad to hear you are at home. That is the best place for recovery. Take it easy and be a good patient for the Knight. Not many men could deal with the stuff that he is having to do. Love ya and God Bless.
Susan Rowland
Alisa,
I am so thankful that you are doing so well and are home. I will pray for your Dad and I hope that they will soon find out what's going on. Take care of yourself and also take care of "The Knight" is sounds like he has really taken good care of you. Let him get some rest too.
Love ya,
Patsy
Post a Comment