CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

God is bringing the "how"

How wonderful it was to be back with all the ladies at Rock Springs Baptist Church this morning! Even though this is not my church home, this group of ladies has taken me in and prayed for me and reached out to me and I am truly grateful for them. The Holy Spirit really showed up in our study today. It was sort of complicated, as Beth Moore can sometimes be, but what a powerful lesson I learned today from this study of Esther. The gist of the study today was this---I am not responsible for HOW this thing works out. All I have to do is be obedient and God is going to take care of the HOW. You know that in itself is not really a new concept for us Christians, but today is was so fresh and just what I needed to hear. We try so hard to do this and that or even manipulate things and work so hard to change things or make things happen, but we need to realize that is not our job. I say over and over "God is in control. God is in control." But then I think I have to do this and if I do that then I'll get this result. It's sort of like what I was trying to say about my dad in yesterday's post. God wants to do a work in my dad's life. He just has to figure out what God wants him to do and then God will bring the HOW. Think about Daniel-what if Daniel had been responsible for finding his way out of that jam. All Daniel had to do was trust God and face the lions. God handled the HOW. Remember Joshua-how was he supposed to figure out how to conquer Jericho. He didn't. He just did exactly what God told him to do. God provided the how. Good grief, there's too many examples from the Bible to list. Whatever problem you are facing today, whether it be sickness, financial trouble, relationship crisis, lost loved ones- man, it seems like everyone I know is so burdened right now, just remember- you don't have to worry. Just get yourself in obedience to God and He'll bring the HOW.

Lord, I want to know your will for my life. I want to do exactly what you would have me to do. Please forgive me for trying to be in control. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a real blessing to me. You have been gifted with such great spiritual insight and the ability to share it - thank you darling one - Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

Today was so good, wasn't it? I loved that too about not being responsible for the HOW and to FIRE yourself, God has to this!
Thank you for sharing with us today! Praying for you, your daddy and mom, and the rest of your precious family!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I needed to hear today! I am such a "control freak"! Thanks for your words of encouragement! God is using you in such a great way. This blog is a ministry to all who read it.
Blessings to you! Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT WHEN GOD GIVES YOU THE WORDS TO JUST STEP ALL OVER ME NOT JUST MY TOES. I HAVE CERTAIN THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT I CONSTANTLY GIVE TO GOD AND THEN I TAKE IT RIGHT BACK PRAY WITH ME THAT I WILL DO WHAT YOUR MESSAGE WAS ABOUT THIS MORNING GIVE IT TO HIM AND LEAVE IT THERE. I TOLD YOU GOD PUT YOU THROUGH THIS JUST FOR ME AND I AM SORRY BUT HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING. LOVE YOU LOTS. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. TAKE CARE. MRS. CLEAN