CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Everything will be fine in 2009!

I was too tired to write last night and the couch and HGTV sucked me up. But all is well here. Just so you know I've reconsidered the mowing without a shirt idea. This cul-de-sac could not handle the traffic.

I had one drain tube removed yesterday at my check up with Dr. Young. He said everything on my path. report looked very good and he seemed very excited with my progress. He did tell me that my colonoscopy showed that I have colitis. If any of you out there if bloggerland have this, how about dropping me a line by
email-fernstrom@charter.net and giving me the scoop. He just made me an appointment to see a gastrointerologist and I haven't had time to research it yet. Taking out the drain tube was not nearly as painful as I had imagined. He switched me from Tylox to Lortab so I have plenty more pain meds to last. Not until the kids are gone off to college, but for awhile at least.

My dad is having his first radiation treatment today. I was mistaken on that. He had other tests and measurements and things done the last 2 days. I talked to him on the phone last night and it was almost a tear-free conversation which I know he appreciated. I don't know why, but I have never been able to talk to my dad about sensitive topics without crying and the thing that makes him most uncomfortable in the world is a woman's tears. Even though giving up is not in his nature, I worry that dad is not going to fight this. But I tried to encourage him by telling him that I thought God still had stuff planned for him to do. Otherwise, God would have taken him with a heart attack or a car accident, don't you think. I asked him what he was praying for and he said he just wants what God wants. When I told him that's what I prayed for myself he said he prayed for complete healing for me, but he didn't know if praying that for himself was being selfish. So if you will join me, let's pray for complete healing for my dad. It may not be God's will, but I do think it's possible. I spent the better part of the day Monday in bed crying over the news of his cancer. By Tuesday I realized that my tears were not doing anybody any good. So I'm going to put my energy into praying for him that God will reveal to my dad what it is he wants him to do with whatever time it is he has left. Thank you for taking the time to do that also.

Everyone is doing well here. The Lortab makes me sleepy so I laid on the couch this morning and napped and talked on the phone while my wonderful MIL mopped my floors. Every now and then the dryer buzzer would go off and she'd jog to the laundry room to fold and IRON another load of clothes. She is the best! We've had so much great food and I've been getting loads of cards in the mail-yippee and thank you. The kids are all doing well. Anders had a ball with Jackie yesterday while I was at the doctor. They played outside and had a picnic. Zoey was disappointed I still had a drain tube in, but she has been so sweet this week. Allison is going to be a nurse one day I think. She has been taking good care of me.

It's been a beautiful week here and it feels like spring is just around the corner. Don't you just love spring? I love the way things come alive again, like it's been given another chance to make the world beautiful. I feel that way myself. I've been given another chance and I hope I can make make the world beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are already making the world beautiful by your sweet spirit and your tremendous faith! You really did look great this afternoon. It was so good to SEE you today. You are truly bringing Glory to God through all of this. This blog is an awesome testimony to what God can do through His willing servants! It has lifted my faith. Love ya, Ms. Cynde

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
I love to share your blog with my work friends. I tell them that it will make you laugh and it will make you cry. But most importantly, it makes you want to be closer to the Lord. He has used you in more ways than you will ever know.
I love you and your family. You and your dad are in my prayers often.

Anonymous said...

You do make the world more beautiful with that smile. we are praying for you and your dad
love
bullfrog

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Wow. I have now read ALL of your blog. I feel like I know you so much better. I have cried with you and laughed with you. You are an inspiration. I am praying in agreement and BELIEVING for complete healing for your Dad. I am looking forward to our "quality time", so you let me know when you are up for breakfast out. Love, Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

Dearest Alisa,
I finally am linked with your blog! I hope you got the pics of your kids and the twins, I hoped it would make you smile amidst all you have endured this week. Your blog is so inspirational and I have shared it with some dear friends. I was so heartbroken to hear about your dad.What you feel for him is how I feel for mine, and I can't, won't rather, imagine life without him. I'll pray for him as I do you everyday. Sometimes our cup runneth over and sometimes we have to turn it upside down to find the last drop. But God's Grace is endless, His mercy endureth forever. Take care dear friend and rest well. Love, amy