Again, I am so thankful to be home and in my own bed. Apparently I've been in bed too much because my back has been hurting today, but really I still have no complaints about pain. I can't believe it. Of course I take a Tylox every 4 hours, but I still thought I'd be all uncomfortable and more out of it. I can't remember a time when my back hurt from being in bed too much. How great is that? All I really need this week is for a few of my girlfriends to come over and lie in bed with me and tell me funny stories that don't make me laugh. Sign up sheets are in the back.
I just went back and reread all the comments you've written on my blog over the last few days and I just appreciate those so much. Your support and love has been so precious to me during this time.
You know, it's only been about 6 weeks since my diagnosis, but my how my life has changed. Why does it take something like this for us to regain our focus and reorganize our priorities? I just have so much love and respect for God that I don't ever want to disappoint him. He has done so much for me, how could I ever repay him? Sometimes I don't get to do what I want or things I say don't come out right, or sometimes I just forget stuff. But I am so glad that God knows my heart and He knows my intentions. I just want him to be proud of me.
I feel like God has allowed this in my life for many reasons. When I was a new Christian I thought maybe God was punishing me when bad things happened to me. But I know so much more about his great love for me now and I know that He has a plan for my life and that bad times draw us closer to Him and help us realize how dependent on Him we are. I tried to live without Him many times in my life and truly it just didn't work out. There was always a feeling of dissatisfaction-like there was something I was missing or something more that I needed to fill that void No doubt someone reading this is feeling that way. Are you constantly searching? Are you always thinking that if this would change or that would work out, then maybe I could be happy and content. I don't know about you, but if you feel that way, then perhaps that missing piece is Jesus Christ. My life is nowhere near perfect. Good grief, I have struggles everyday. I am not anything close to what I want to be. Really, on my own I am just a loser. BUT, the good news is, Jesus fills that void. The thing that gets me up in the morning, the thing that puts a smile on my face and completes me (it's not "the knight", as great as he is). It's a life lived for Christ.
I want you to experience that too. I'm here to tell you, you don't know what your next mammogram may show, or your next physical may reveal, or even if you have a tomorrow. The search for satisfaction is exhausting. Wouldn't it be great to find that piece to your puzzle? Jesus said "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matt. 11:28-30
Oh, and on another note: Pam, my wonderful oncology nurse friend told me yesterday that now I can mow my grass without a shirt on. Isn't that great news? Tomorrow's gonna be a warm day...drive slow.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hey Alisa
Isn't it wonderful to know Him! It is wonderful to know that He will never leave us or forsake us.
It is wonderfull to know and also a little scary to know that He knows everything about us. He knows all our thoughts and everything we do or say. We serve an awesome God.
I'm glad you've had a good day. I missed your smiling face today at church. I hope to see you soon. I just hope it's not outside cutting grass.
Love ya,
Pat
I am so glad you are home and doing so well. I just wanted to let you know that I have the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks trilogy - You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, and Joe Versus the Volcano. If you would like to borrow any or all of them while you are recovering, just let me know. It was good to see your family at church and I know it won't be long until you will be able to be back in your spot. See you soon!
Love,
Kathy Gravely
You are just the best-really you are. In a trial of this size you have allowed God to shine in and through you to the whole world. I am so thankful that you are my friend and that you are recovering. The mowing the lawn with no shirt makes me laugh just as much as us going to Pam's for a sleep over all wearing our two-piece bathing suits. Wow we might could sell tickets to that event.
Love you bunches!!Tamara
Thank you Alisa you are such an inspiration to all of us. Your words can trun a life around. They open our eyes and Heart to the True and only One. I have a daughter who is trying to find her missing piece but doesn't realize it. I gave her your blog address and pray she will read it and Jesus will use it to open her eyes and heart to that perfect fit.
I love you for allowing God to use you. God Bless you and your family.
Hi Alisa, I was so gratefully surprised to read that you are back at hope and doing so well so quickly! Also, as I read your journal I sensed your quiet courage and calm spitit that only comes through a close relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm thankful so many prayers were answered for you and I will continue to lift up your father each day. Love in Christ,
Barbara
I just want everyone to know that I did not suggest that Alisa mow the grass topless...she was a deranged woman high on drugs who had just accused my husband of licking all her M&M's...when she told me of her plan I simply agreed and quickly got in my car!!!! Love you girl and will be there to hold a sheet up to hide you while you mow in all your glory!
Someone wants to know if you are hire our grass needs cutting to. Our neighbors wouldn't even notice. I am so glad you are not hurting that is so great. We need to watch some chick flicks. My sister in law has the movie fool proof ooh I mean fire prood if you would like to watch it, just let me know.
Lots of love
The Stephens
PS: Do you think that could be a new mission team fund raiser? LOL
Alisa--My dear--you may have sacrificed a few pounds up top, but you will still be 100% beautiful. If it makes you feel any better--I could probably mow the grass shirtless as well--And I haven't had a mastectomy. Love you,mean it! Connie Briley
Post a Comment