CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Hugs!

These arms are tired from all the hugs I got at church yesterday! Isn't that funny? It was so good to be back and see my middle School kids and sing in the choir, and hear a good message, even if it was a scorcher!

I'd appreciate it if you would continue to pray for my dad. He had to go to the emergency room today to have more fluid drawn off his lung. It had filled up so much just since Thursday that he thought he was having a heart attack this morning. They put a drain in him so that they can drain it themselves now, so hopefully that will help him get his strength back. I have told some of you that I have been disappointed in my dad's attitude. I just didn't feel like he had set his mind and heart on fighting this cancer and I guess I sort of took that personally, you know? But mom said she thinks the Lord has changed his heart and he wants to talk to his oncologist about what all he can do to prolong his life.I am so relieved to hear this. I really believe the Lord can work a miracle in a situation that seems impossible, but I believe He wants to know that person will be a blessing to others. Like I told you, I just don't think God is finished with him. Even if his testimony could change one person's life, then wouldn't it be worth it to fight a little harder?

I know several people who have had cataracts removed and they've all said that everything looks so much brighter afterward. I feel that way myself. I can't look at my children enough these days. Allison had a program at school tonight and she had a little solo part. Sitting there watching all those second graders sing their hearts out and thinking about how hard she had worked and how happy they all looked up there on stage, I just cried. I'm a very emotional person anyway, but it wasn't a tear-jerker type program. I'm fairly sure I was the only mom who cried. It could be hormones I guess. Or it could just be that a cloud has been removed from my eyes and everything just looks brighter.

Could it be that God has healed my body AND my eyes. Reminds me of those blind men... And behold, two blind men sitting by the wayside, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out saying Have mercy on us, oh Lord, thou son of David. And Jesus stood still and called them and said What will ye that I shall do unto you? They said unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. So Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes; and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him. John 20:30-34

Thank you Lord for your compassion on me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa - One of the many joys of being in FL this month (outside of being away from the cold weather) is enjoying the sunrises over the flat horizon. The beauty of them screams of God's glory and the hope that a new day brings. None of us know how long our days are on earth but we are given each new day to start over and share God's love with all we come in contact. Such a blessing - a simple but awesome task. Each life has value. Each second on earth a worthy chance to complete our appointed task.
Joy & Peace - Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

IT WAS SO GREAT TO SEE YOUR SMILING FACE IN THE CHIOR. THE PREACHER WAS RIGHT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT SMILES THE REST OF US NEED TO TAKE LESSONS FROM YOU AND SMILE BECAUSE WE HAVE PLENTY TO SMILE ABOUT BUT WE SEEM TO FORGET WHO MADE ALL OUR BLESSING POSSIBLE. I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT SUNDAY. YOU DID NOT OVER DO IT DID YOU. HOW IS YOUR FATHER. ARE YOU PLANNING A TRIP TO GO SEE HIM. WAS YOUR CLEANING MESSAGE MEANT FOR ME. I KNOW WHAT YOU SAY IS VERY TRUE BUT MINE IS AN OBESSION BUT I WILL WORK ON IT. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO . LOVE YA MRS. CLEAN

Anonymous said...

The Preacher really let 'em have it Sunday, didn't he? I'm glad he wasn't preaching to you and me. HA! HA! It was about 10 'til 6 Sunday night and we were in the choir and Darlene looked at me and asked where everyone was and I told her that the Preacher scared everyone off that morning but then the last minute bunch came in about two minutes before 6 and we had a pretty good crowd. Thank goodness, he was a little easier on everyone Sunday night.

We need to pray that the Lord will give your dad the strength to fight this. I remember when my mama had lung cancer, she agreed to the surgery but didn't want to talk about having any treatments. She was afraid the treatments would make her feel worse than the cancer. I keep thinking if she had taken the treatments maybe she would have lived a few more years but she had to make that decision. Let's add healing for your dad to our prayers as well as strength. I think we should be specific when we pray.
I hope you are continuing to do well.
Love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Alisa, look up Brandon Heath if you don't know him. He has an awesome song out about asking God to "Give Me the Eyes so I Can See..." You have probably heard it on the radio. I cried in my car one morning listening to that song before work! I will pray specifically for your dad to have strength to fight and for God to heal him. I'm glad you are doing so well. My girls haven't stopped talking about playing with your kids. They really enjoyed comparing notes! Love ya, Ms. Cynde

Anonymous said...

Alisa
It was wonderful having you at Bible study today. It was a tremendous bible study. It just seemed like God walked into the room right there at the end. I think sometimes God puts these little u-turns in our lives to wake us up or maybe to wake others up. You have truly been a blessing to me. I thank God for taking care of you and I know he will take care of your dad. I will be praying for you on Friday. We will pray for God's will.(No treatments if thats his will) We will be praying for your dad also.
Love ya
bullfrog

Faith Clark said...

The Lord has done that work in me too through my physical trials. I was not an emotional person. Ex military, very tough (so I thought;)

The Lord got ahold of my heart and now I cry at everything my kids are in. They are 14/11/9/4. The older ones just say "Oh no, not again mom..."

They know I love them and what the Lord has done in me...that is why I cry.

Blessed tears.

We will fulfill our perfect destiny in HIM.

Love, Faith