CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Just say No To Chemo!

PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD!

I went to see my oncologist Dr. Edinfield today and he said he does not feel chemotherapy is necessary. Can you believe that! We are SO happy and just thanking God for this great news! He said that because it was so small and not fast growing that chemo would not be needed. The hysterectomy in itself was a treatment since a recurrence was highly possible in the ovaries. Having my left breast removed was a preventative for recurrence in the other breast. So, he said he didn't think there was anything else to be done!

When I got the big "C" diagnosis I just automatically assumed it would mean chemo and sickness and baldness and a long recovery. Once I made peace with it, I tried to imagine what God had in store for me. I thought God had brought Pam into my life because she was going to be my chemo nurse and that going to the cancer center was going to be a place for me to witness. I figured I'd have to have adriamyacin this time and that my hair would fall out and God would use my baldness to witness to others. I just thought I had Him all figured out. What happened? Could it be that I would get the worst news of my life on December 23rd and by February 27th the nightmare would be OVER? Apparently so, my friends. I don't understand it, but I sure am happy and so very thankful.

I hope my Lord is as pleased with me as I am of Him. He kept me so close during this time. From the second I heard it was cancer and everyday since, I have never felt more loved and cared for in my life. God has never been more real to me, I've never needed him more and He's never felt more alive to me. I want nothing more in my life than to serve Him. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, but this might take the cake. We won't know what the purpose of this was while we're on earth.But I think I have a few ideas. If my experience has touched your life in a small way, then to God be the glory. If reading this blog made you put down your mop, hug those children tighter, read your Bible, enjoy the little things, talk to your spouse, witness to your co-worker, schedule a mammogram, then it was worth it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa, What wonderful news! We are so happy for you and your entire family. We continue to keep you in our prayers and your dad also. God is Good. Always!

Claudia, Brian & Lexi

Anonymous said...

WOW, what amazing news!!! You have definitely been a witness to me along with many many others! I'm so happy for you, Pete and your children. I know God has awesome plans for you and we can't wait to walk through your journey with you. TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!! We love you and are so happy for you. Love, Linda Knutson

Anonymous said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below, Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost.
Praise God for taking care of you. I am so thankful that you do not have to go through any chemo or radiation. You have been such a blessing through all of this. YOu have touched my life and so many others through your gracious attitude. I pray that I can be just a little bit like you. THank you for sharing this part of your life with us.
We are still praying for your family and we will continue to pray for your dad. I know God will take care of him.
Love ya,
Pat

Anonymous said...

We are just overjoyed at what we have seen God do in your life. This trial has touched so many people you know and others you may never know in a tremendous way. You are our dear friend and we praise God for answering our fervent prayers to spare you from months of sickness and treatments that would rob you of time with your precious children. Before the Throne of God Above, I have a strong and perfect plea....that my friend, someone I admire so much, would be wrapped in the care and mercy of our Lord and come through this valley so much stronger and shouting the victory! love you, Amy

Anonymous said...

Alisa, I'm so happy for you and your family. This is fantastic news. God is so good, isn't he? You will still have plenty of opportunitites to witness, even with your hair intact. God has great and might plans you for to use your experience to help others that will be going through this type of crisis as well as other types. You have the personality and the talent and most important, you have a willing heart to be used of God. We will continue to pray for your complete healing and also that of your Dad. Hope to see you on Tues.

Pam P

Anonymous said...

TO GOD BE THE GLORY Great THINGS HE HATH DONE HE HAS BLESSED YOU IN SO MANY WAYS I AM SO GREATFUL TO HERE YOUR GOOD NEWS. BUT IF THE REST OF US TAKE FIVE MINUTES A DAY TO THANK HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US ALSO IT DOESN"T HAVE TO BE CANCER IT CAN BE SO MUCH SMALLER LIKE JUST BEING ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED WHEN PEOPLE ARE IN SO MUCH PAIN IS A WONDERFUL BLESSING WE CAN NEVER THANK HIM ENOUGH FOR WHAT HE DOES FOR US BUT NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME WE HAVE ON THIS EARTH WE NEED TO BE SO GREATFUL TO GOD I AM JUST SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND NO MORE FOOD GO BACK TO COOKING GIRL HA!!!!!FMJ

Anonymous said...

To God be the Glory! Great things HE has done! Amen and Amen! I am thrilled with you about your great news. You have an amazing testimony and God is not finished with you yet! Just keep your eyes on the prize and finish the course. Then you will certainly hear, "Well done, my faithful child." Love Ya, Ms. Cynde

Anonymous said...

God is SO faithful!!! You have such a testimony! God is using you to minister to so many of us who get busy and sometimes forget how blessed we are! Thank you for the blog....keep it up!! I know God has much more for you to say!
Love, Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

I am so incredibly happy for you, Alisa! God is great and that was some kind of crazy roller coaster ride, wasn't it?

Take care!

Angela

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely wonderful news. I don't know what else to say except To God be the glory great things he hath done. Love ya, Susan Rowland

Anonymous said...

What an awesome God! Bless His name forever! I love ya!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I hope that was not the end of your blog. I have really enjoyed reading it and learning more about you and your family through it. Sometimes you think you know someone... and then you read their blog :)

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
I am so glad to hear your news. I never get to talk to you at church but I want you to know that I appreciate your faithfulness to God through all of this.
Love,
Kathy Gravely