Okay, I knew the day would come when my days of living like a queen would come to an end. It looks like that day is going to be Wednesday when my MIL goes back to her calm, quiet life and I am thrown back into full-time crazy, mom and maid. Ho-hum. Poor, pitiful me. No really, it's okay, I can handle it. I'm seriously going to still take it as easy as I can. I know how important it is for me to fully recover so I can be 100% for my family as soon as I am able. Thanks to you, though, I don't have to cook for awhile yet.
I had my physical therapy today and that went well. She sent me home with a list of exercises to make sure I don't lose any use of my arms. I also went to see Dr.Young and had the last drain removed. Man, I am happy to lose that thing. It was really draining. He is just the cutest man. He's really hyper and just makes me feel like I am the best and healthiest patient he's ever had. I appreciate that. He told me one day that he'd read something by Rick Warren about how in life we are either in a trial, coming out of a trial, or just going into one. Isn't that the truth? I am just so glad the the Lord is there for us as we go in, holds us close while we're there and then carries us out when it's over.
My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks and it was a terrible experience for us. I just felt so much like it was because of something I had done wrong or like I mentioned before that maybe God was punishing me for something. It was just a very dark time for me that summer. But it was during Vacation Bible School that I heard God speak to me in a simple children's message about the good shepherd. Ms. Angie was talking about how the shepherd would often have to break the leg of a young lamb, and carry it there on his shoulders until it learned to hear and know the Shepherd's voice. The lamb would need to stay close to the shepherd for his own protection later on in his life when great harm might befall him. I realized then that the Lord was carrying me there on his shoulders, teaching me to listen to his voice and preparing me for tougher times ahead. I am so thankful for those times in my life when the good shepherd carried me and helped me to grow into a stronger version of myself. Maybe you are going into your trial right now. Know that God has already prepared you to handle whatever it is you are facing. Or if not, He is prepared to carry you, there on His shoulders, and make you stronger and better equipped for the future. Isn't that amazing?
Jesus says, "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10:14 "My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My Dear Friend,
How much I needed to hear that. Thanks for all the encourgement you give me. God is good and my prayer is that he will use me in anyway he wants to and I that I will obey his word. Though sometimes I don't understand things but in the end God knows all and he knows what is best for me!
Love ya Girl!
Sandy H.
Hi Alisa, Although I was only with you in one Bible Study group at Rock Springs, I really miss you. Your precious sweet smile and bright shining eyes were always such as encouragement to me. It meant so much to our group when you shared your testimony on the last day of our fall meeting. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of trial. We know that God is in control and will carry you and your family through this. Your blog is such a tremendous witness and encouragement. I think this is one of those areas that you will never know (on this earth anyway) how many people are being touched by your willingness to share your life and your witness through the internet. I'll be in touch with you by phone or through Pat. Please know that you are loved and missed.
Pam Powell pampowell@charter.net
Post a Comment