CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

****For women only****

I wasn't sure how I would feel about losing my breasts. I know for some women it can be a very traumatic experience and they often feel like their femininity is gone when they have them removed. I can say that it is a very strange feeling to look down and just be flat and then to reach down and feel a concave area in my chest-that's just weird. I hate that my babies have no soft place to rest their heads. Before my surgery I went to a store that sells prosthetics and I had thought I might do that later, but you know, I really think I am okay with this for now. I am considering reconstruction later, but for now, I'm gonna just live with it and try to be happy. And I know this is going to sound strange, but you know what I really LIKE about not having breasts? I can feel my heart beat. It's so crazy, I know. I bet you rolled your eyes just then. I mean I can put my hand down on my chest and it's just like my heart is right there almost on the surface. I just imagine that Jesus is right there, living in my heart. And when I reach down and feel it beating it's almost like I can hear Him saying to me, "It's okay, my child, I am right here with you all the way. Remember, I complete you. This was a small price to pay for what I have planned for you."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly amazing!! You just don't know how much you help me. I feel like my faith in the Lord has gotten so much stronger through this. It's almost like I am going through it myself. It's just hard to explain, the difference I have felt through it all. We are praying for God to touch your Dad and heal him. We love you!!

Love The Stephens

Anonymous said...

You have been a true blessing to so many people including myself. I am back doing things I used to do for God by helping people who I think might need a little blessing.I have let the devil steal my joy to many times over the years and I am fighting him harder now to not let that happen. It is so easy to let words hurt so bad and I don't care what anyone says we all have feelings and we need to be very careful what cames out our mouth and that is a goal for me now. But the top thing I would hope it wouldn't bother me because I think if we love God and people love us for ourself and what is on the inside, not the outside. Because they sure are HOT in the summer HA!!> FMJ

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say that you liked not having to wear a bra. I could go for that! But instead Jesus just jumps right out of your conversation! WOW! I can't wait to read your blog everyday! My brother had a heart transplant 2 years ago and he has described some awesome feelings about his new heart beat. We all can have a "new" heart beat when we let Jesus in to Rule and Reign in our lives!

Anonymous said...

I guess you think I have nothing better to do than to aggravate you. It is such a blessing to read your blog every day. I believe my faith in God has grown through your difficult time. Some times I think we, or at least I forget that God is in control. He does answer prayer. The trio sang God answers prayer tonight at church. I thought about you and how God has taken care of you. I praise HIm for that. You are a living, walking, talking, miracle. I hope your doctor visit goes well tomorrow.
Love
Pat

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Thank you again for sharing all this with us! God is using you in such a mighty way! Your honesty is so refreshing! I am so blessed by all you write!
In my prayers,
Shannon Golden