Hello dear friends,family and even a few strangers,
Thank you for your comments; I have really enjoyed reading them. It's exciting to log on and see I have "comments to be moderated". Not a whole lot going on here, so I enjoy hearing from the outside world. Tomorrow will be my first time out other than to pick up the kids and go to the doctor. I cannot wait to see my church family and worship my God who has been so good to me.
I've been on the couch all day today watching tv. The kids have been gone to a party and to get haircuts so I have had a quiet day. I watched "Funny girl" and "Wild Hogs" and a little HGTV of course. You know I'm not that into TV. I do like decorating shows and Jon and Kate plus 8, but I don't watch any of the popular shows. No Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, nothing like that. So not only do I not have daily contact with adults at a workplace, I can't even join in on the pop culture chit-chat. Sometimes that makes me feel so very out of touch with the world, especially during this recovery process. But sometimes I think maybe that's not such a terrible thing. But I did hear about that monkey that went bananas...
I think one thing the Lord is trying to teach me through all this is just to slow down and stop worrying about the things that don't matter. Since I've had children and most recently a huge overgrown dog , I have been stressed about the tidiness of my house. It's a HUGE issue for me. Because of this, we rarely have friends come over. Some of my friends are able to keep on top of their housekeeping, but I am not. For one thing I don't enjoy it and for another thing I would rather do other things. I'm not sure what those other things are, because I don't have much to show for it, but I would hope I have been investing my time in raising my children and in caring for others. I am motivated by the fact that the Bible tells me I will have to stand before God one day and He will judge me for the things I have done since I became his child. I don't believe He's gonna say "Alisa, your house was always so neat." I'm pretty sure he won't say "All that time you spent shopping really paid off, girl." I hope He's gonna say "Thanks for teaching those Middle School kids about me" and "I'm so proud that you took those 3 children to church to learn about me." Why am I judging myself on a different scale than God is? So I'm getting ready to make a declaration here, people. As of this day, I no longer care that my house is always messy--we are too busy living. I do not care that the dog brings leaves inside 20 times a day because I love that big galoot. The knight can leave his popcorn bowl on the counter because he made a bowl for me. Take all those books off the shelf Allison as long as you keep loving to read. Try on another costume Zoey as you discover who you are. Dump out that truck box little man, I know you love to hear it crash. I know it's just an old cliche-but I want to live each day to the fullest. God has given me another day and I don't want to spend it with a mop in my hand. I have too much important stuff to do. Just ignore the sticky kitchen floor, step over that train track, you are welcome here. God bless our home.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Alisa,
I think your blog today was just meant for me. I have been so busy trying to get this house together and keeping it clean, but it really doesn't even matter in the end. You inspire me so much and I am so glad that you are my friend. So glad that you will back and church tomorrow and just seeing how the Lord has worked in your life. Take care and see you tomorrow.
Boy,that would be a hard act to follow after reading that. But you I enjoy my grandbabies so much that I stop worrying about my house a long time ago. I want my babies to say when I am gone granny let me help her bake a cake and make a mess than she really had a clean house. It took building three houses before I really realized a house don't make a home. Are if I need to cook a meal for someone or talk to someone on the phone if they are lonely then God and people will understand if our houses aren't clean. It will be great to see you back in church you will be amazed how much our new church is coming along I can't wait. We have watch God let it grow over the years till this is the last time it can grow on this land but if the time comes he will provide if we keep truthing him. LOVE FMJ
Alisa
I'm glad you've had a wonderful day
I'm also glad someone else has a messy house. Can't wait to see your smiling face tomorrow.
Love ya
Pat
This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it.
AMEN, sister!! I couldn't agree with you more. Enjoy worship tomorrow.
WOW! I used to worry about my house all the time, too. It got a little crazy when Olivia came and then Caroline....There just isn't much time to clean anymore. And....when I clean...it's all in vain. It's right back messed up. You can bet that EVERYTIME I mop the kitchen, something sticky is spilled almost immediately after! Ha! I have almost given up mopping completely!!
You are so wise to let the house stuff not worry you. There are so many more important things! I was just thinking the other day that I needed to leave the dishes and go and snuggle with Olivia. She loves to snuggle in the recliner with me and watch TV after I put Caroline to bed. So many times, I am running around doing laundry or dishes. The other night, I just thought....not very long from now, she will be out with her friends and not wanting to snuggle and watch TV with her mama. I stopped my chores and went to be with her. It is such a sweet time!!! So, enjoy your babies. Take advantage of this recovery time. Heal. Keep writing this inspiring blog. And...let me know when you are ready to go to breakfast. Love, Karen Rampey
Alisa,
I felt the same way as you did when I found out that I had breast cancer. I too said that my family was more important than having a clean house and I wanted to spend that time with my family rather than cleaning (which I hate anyway). I look forward everyday reading your blogs. You are such an inspiration to me. Take care of yourself. I will continue to pray for you and your Dad.
Love ya,
Patsy
Wow! Do you have a camera in my home? So often I loose sight of priorities in my life! Clean house does not have to be number 1! Thanks I needed this today!
I was so happy to see you in church to day! Keep up the good work you do!
Suzie
You go girl!!! i need to be like you-but it does bother me and I don't know why!! If you don't mind it and the "knight" don't mind it and I know the kids don't mind it---than we shouldn't mind it! But when we come to visit don't mind me if I pick up a toy or take out your trash--I'm just that way! HAHA I hope you had a good weekend and a nice day at church. Don't over do it to fast, I need you fully healed in a few weeks, so we can start walking again. Love ya
Marylena
Alisa,
You're right on! God is teaching you about the important things in life! I've been there for some time as I've struggled with the caregiving process. My story is so different from yours, but I relate so well to your emotional struggles. I am amazed at how God uses you and your blog to encourage ME through some dark days right now, even though I want to be encouraging YOU.
Please know that I am praying for you and loving you even if you don't hear from me as often as I would like to correspond. I am confident that God is making something beautiful of your life.
Love, Marilyn
Alisa,
It was wonderful to see you at church today. If I didn't know better, I would think that you had been gone to the spa because you looked so refreshed and rested. Whatever you are doing you need to keep it up because it seems to be working. Just don't overdo... As for a clean home - no one cares if you have a clean home or not. All that matters is that you have a happy home and I think you do. I remember times I would have to take my foot and move all the toys out of the way to get through a room. Now most of the biggest messes are confined to "their" bedrooms. Although my kitchen does always seem to be in a mess but it must not bother the boys or their friends because there always seems to be someone in there to eat. The most important thing is to make your home warm enough to attract others and if a house is so perfect that you're afraid to wear your shoes in it, how warm and inviting is that? I think you are doing a fantastic job with your children. Let's just keep praying for each other as we strive to be the best we can be.
Love,
Kathy Gravely
Hi Alisa,
I can really relate to 'tidy house' syndrome! When my children were babies through elementary age, I worked 40 hrs plus lots of overtime every week and spent every Saturday (all day and most of the evening) cleaning house and doing laundry. I remember discussing the stress of having a clean house only one day of the week with my MIL, Granny Snooks. She set me straight that day, told me clean and tidy didn't really matter. Focusing on my relationship with the Lord, loving my husband, nurturing my children and caring for my friends should come first. These things are what make a happy home. I pray that the Lord continues to inspire you to write. Your messages continue to lift me up each day and I appreciate that you share your fears, life lessons, and testimonies. Love In Christ, Barbara
Amen to this! I think facing what we have faced taught us early what is important in this life! And the house being spotless is not but playing with those babies and loving on them is! They grow up in the blink of an eye! Yes, I have black lab hair on my floor all the time and clutter all over but hopefully, my boys can always say Mom puts us first not the house. It is our home and we live in it sometimes very messily (is that a word? lol) Love ya Girl!
Shannon Golden
Alisa,
You are so precious! I just love you. I feel the same way about my house. I don't like cleaning either. Just as long as my bathroom is "straightened up" and my dirty clothes are washed then I am good to go. Brandon has taken to cleaning for me (without being asked) and I so love that child!!! Take care and your house was gorgeous just the way it was when we brought supper to ya'll(02-21-09).
Post a Comment