We got in last night from a whirlwind trip to visit the families.
We really didn't stay long enough to feel like we had much quality time with anyone, but that's just how the holidays are, I guess. Two notes of interest-Zoey thinks Santa lied about the laptop and cell phone and Anders is no longer using a pacifier!!
I do have an appointment with a surgeon Dr. Tommy Young on Monday. Dr. Ellison, my wonderful OG/Gyn, whom I love dearly, took care of getting all my records and Mammogram over to him, so hopefully I will know something then. I had a hysterectomy scheduled for January 6th due to an enlarged uterus, so I do know that has been postponed, but will probably happen later and will include taking out my ovaries. Dr. Ellison said that since I've had a recurrence of breast cancer my chance of ovarian cancer increases so now there is a need to remove them also.
I have so many questions I am anxious to have answered. I am okay with the idea of a mastectomy, a hysterectomy and even chemo and radiation. I am just concerned about what they may find when they check my lymph nodes. It would just change everything if this has spread into other parts of my body. My thoughts are that this was my yearly mammogram, so nothing was there last year. I also had my tumor marker blood test come back normal at my spring physical. This gives me hope that this is new and hasn't had time to spread. I also know of women who have a mastectomy and no other treatment is necessary. I just keeping praying "Lord, I want what you want." Please pray that too.
I am in so much better shape spiritually than I was the last time I had this battle with cancer, but this time I have so much more to lose. I have experienced the peace of God before in my life, but NEVER like I have in these last few days. It's hard to describe, but it's just like I don't have this on my mind on the time. I'm not saying that I don't think about it, but it's not an obsession. I am not asking "why me?" like I have in so many other instances in my life. I really feel like God is in control. I mean after all-what can I do??? I did have a break down on Pete Saturday night. I had a terrible cold and was just so tired I cried and cried and cried and made my head practically explode. But when I did finally stop I just fell asleep. I now have gargantuan cold sores on my lip and nose to attest to my head cold and the stress of crying so hard. I am grateful for the prayers of everyone and I will continue to write here for anyone who is interested. You can comment here too, if you like.
I am claiming Joshua 1:9 of course- "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
6 comments:
I'm reading, praying and sending you all the love I can possibly send. If you need me call me - I'll babysit, clean your house, cook for you, whatever.
Love you!
Lori
Alisa,
Your faith is amazing! Please know that you are in our prayers!
Brian, Claudia and Lexi
I was so very sorry to hear this news. I am also very inspired by your spiritual attitude. I know in my heart God has a plan for you.
I know you will hear this many times but if there is anything that we can do for you please let us know.
My daughter, Maggie the culinary student is visiting and she taught me how to make a bread pudding with doughnuts. (it is great). If you find yourself in need of elevating your blood sugar let me know.
I will be sending prayers your way everyday.
Renee
Alisa I am thankful for the peace that God has given you with this. If you ever need me to do anything...please don't hesitate to ask. I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can. Know that you will have my constant and vigilant prayers. I pray God's will for you and I pray that the cancer was caught early and has not spread!
Please keep me posted and again, please don't hesitate to ask if you need me to do anything. I will put you on my church's prayer list in the morning.
Much love,
Angela Stansell
You amaze me with your strength and faith!! Let us also not forget Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. I know He will continue to strengthen you!!!
You amaze me with your strength and faith!! Let us also not forget Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. I know He will continue to strengthen you!!!
Post a Comment