Wow! I thought you guys had a lot of funny jokes about me getting old, but the jokes I've heard about my experience yesterday really BLEW me away. But I must say, I love it! Please keep making me laugh. I've gotten enough of those poor, pitiful looks. I can't take it. I will never forget walking into church after getting the "big c" diagnosis. It was Christmas eve, as a matter of fact, and we were late of course. I looked around and everyone, and I mean everyone, had the worst expressions on their faces I have ever seen. I wanted to run out. When I fussed at some of you later you said they weren't looks of pity, but just concern. I understand that I guess, but I need you to just be normal. I know that's hard because I picked you to be my friend because you aren't normal. You know that right? Just smile at me and be your normal aggravating, silly, sarcastic, harassing, hilarious self. OK? And if you even think for a second that I'm not going to be around 50 years from now to do the same thing to you- you are wrong.
So Maybe I've had a few doubts and some times of fear, and shed buckets full of tears. I've considered just staying in bed and feeling sorry for myself for a few days. I think about losing it and doing something crazy, like ramming my shopping cart into your car. Perhaps I could even be teetering on the edge of a tiny break down. But I have never, ever doubted that I made the right choice the day I turned my life over to Jesus Christ. I just can't imagine and don't want to imagine going through life without Him. I am so thankful for the strength that He's giving me each day. He keeps me out of bed and off the ledge. He holds me together, gives me courage, calms my nerves, dries my eyes and protects your car.
Psalm 73:26- My flesh and my heart faileth; but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.
3 comments:
Alisa
You are just amazing to me. I am so glad that God has given you peace. He is just an amazing God. I am so thankful that He loves us, and I am especially thankful that He is giving you His amazing grace right when you need. I'm glad that you can laugh at us and with us, but, you are kind of asking for the impossible when you want us to be normal. After all, how many of us are? I love you girfriend. Please call if you need anything.
Love
Pat
I wondered where that ding came from in the side of my truck!!! Ever thought of taking up boxing...a harmless leather bag? You are an amazing woman who has impacted more lives thru her diagnosis of cancer than most of us will touch in a lifetime. So no pity here...but thanks for the permission to aggrevate and annoy you whenever possible! Love Ya!
Just as I begin to cry over something you've said, you say something funny and I begin to laugh. Therefore, your blogs always have me laughing through my tears as I read. Thanks so much for just being you. I love you bunches. I hope you get everything accomplished that you've planned in the few days left before your surgery. Don't stress about what doesn't get accomplished though as I'm sure someone will take care of it for you while you are unable. And look on the bright side... if someone doesn't, you will be here to take care of it after you recover :) I hope you've had a wonderful and blessed day! May God continue to bless you and use you for His honor and glory for many many many more years to come.
Post a Comment