CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, January 12, 2009

It's official-I'm old!

Ok people you've had your fun. The old jokes are getting old. They started early this morning with calls to see if I'd fallen and couldn't get up to offers to pick up a pack of Depends at the grocery. Ha Ha very funny. As I see it, we all fit into two categories here you know-you are either already here or you are quickly approaching, so let's all just FIDO-forget it and drive on.

I so appreciate all your emails and blog comments and real mail. Back when I was young, the only ways we had to communicate was through letters and phone calls.

Today was really a very special birthday. Just a few short weeks ago I was sort of dreading the idea of turning 40. But after this smack of reality has hit, who cares what birthday it is as long as you have one, right? Take some time today to hug your kids extra tight, do something nice for a stranger, have a real conversation with your spouse, and thank the Lord for another day.

Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tuesday- My things to do:

CT scan
Bone scan
liver scan
chest x-ray
eat more cake

9 comments:

5 Boys And Me said...

Quickly approaching - HA - I have a good solid 7 months to go mind you!! Actually last night Clayton reminded someone I was 36 - I'll take it:) Hope you had a GREAT day and a HAPPY day and I will be thinking of you tomorrow - I will hopefully talk to you tomorrow. I am praying for great news and for your comfort tomorrow as well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

marylena said...

I LOVE YA GIRL!!! If you need anything just yell- I'll hear ya! Good luck tomorrow, I will put in a specail one just for you tonight. After all those scans tomorrow you are going to glow in the dark (haha) Love, Marylena

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club. I found that being forty is much better than being twenty. You do start to learn small stuff isn't worth your tears or sweat. You start to understand just how precious your experiences and family really are. I think at forty you are what you are and the people who appreciate you for that are worth loving.

I certainly am happy to know you for you. Your a pretty incredible person. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

FMJ If you have any extra time tomorrow have lunch out get you nails done and just have fun. No JOKE we really are praying long and hard this week for good results on them test Love in Crist

Anonymous said...

alisa
I trust you had a Great birthday today. I hope
god kept your mind at perfect peace. I hate you are having to go through this again. I know God has something wonderful behind it but I don't understand it. I hope you will call if you need ANYTHING.I love you.
PAT

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're getting my comments, hope I'm doing it right...let me know when you need/want ice cream...we're off on sundays...sometimes on Saturdays...looking like we're going to work a little more...but I read your blog every day. You're a very special person...usually God uses those special people...your journey is going to be so interesting for all of us...He sure must have some more trip planned for you! I pray God will bless you by leaps and bounds! I love you Alisa. Diane Hendricks

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Just wanted to drop in and say I'm praying for you extra hard today. I know that God is in control and I hope everything goes well. I just finished reading your entire blog and almost burst into tears throughout several parts. You are such an inspiration to me and I know you are to many others as well... and I agree that you have 3 of the most wonderful children God ever created. If you need anything throughout this journey please let me know. I will be willing to babysit any time I'm needed and may even be able to come during a weekday or on a week night with the schedule I have this semester. Please don't hesitate to let me know. Could you please also tell Pete that I now realize he wasn't kidding when he said there are not many females in engineering. I'm definately the only female in a class of about 15 males :) I guess I will see you Sunday. May God bless you in a special way this week.

Sending much love and many prayers,

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa,
I just wanted to let you know that your name has been in my mind's eye since I found out about your diagnosis and after readng your entries, I've developed quite an admiration for your quiet courage and calm, dignified spirit as you reach out to our Lord. It is only He that can calms our fears and soothes our spirits. There are lots of prayer warriors lifting you and your family up in prayer daily. And welcome to the other side of 40! Love in Christ, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived all those wonderful scans...do you glow in the dark now...turn off the lights and see??? Love reading the blog...laugh a little, cry a little, but have no doubt you are a surviver and an antique...well not old...but a rare find..a living breathing CHRISTIAN! Folks don't see many of those around today! After being in the medical profession for 25 years...yes I am OLDer than you...I know how many doctors, nurses, patients and families need an up-close,personal interaction with a real, living, breathing Christian. Someone who has a personal, intimate relationship with the Saviour...someone who looks like Him, walks like Him, and will tell others how they can get to know him. Especially, if those people are sick or dying without Him. Our prayer is that the person you and Pete need to help is at the hospital or the surgeons office...so you never have to sit in my chemo chairs..one foot rub will lead to everyone wanting them!! Never fear...We'll still make a movie cause you do look like Meg Ryan but to me, my friend you look a lot like another woman I admire...Queen Esther...a brave, beautiful woman who trusted God with her life "for such a time as this"! Love ya! Pam