Okay, so now I have a really good reason to blog. Tuesday, December 23rd I found out that I have breast cancer, for the second time. (...that was not easy to write!) I had my yearly mammogram this month and was called back for a second. They said there were some calcifications that looked suspicious-like cancer of the duct. I had a core biopsy Friday and Tuesday I got the news-Merry Christmas to me. I only want to think of the present battle I have at hand and I refuse to think of what the future could hold. My first cancer surgery, a lumpectomy, was January 5th, 1994. I was only 24 at the time and we just didn't believe it would cancer then. And here I am fifteen years later. But this time I was not surprised. At the risk of seeming overly brave or superficial, I must tell you that I am at peace. If you have a personal relationship with Christ, you can understand when I make that statement. I truly believe that this is God's plan, He is allowing this for my life and that He plans to do something really great here, so you better stand back. Awhile back I asked God to use me for something special-I really wanted it to be like the mother of super talented kids or maybe to be a great witness for him or maybe a call to a special mission project. This is not what I was thinking, but I will accept it as "something special".
There is so much to say but I will stop here for the night. My purpose in this blog is for my friends to follow my treatment, see MY RECOVERY, and hear my thoughts. I am getting ready to be transformed by the renewing of my faith. Watch and see.
0 comments:
Post a Comment