CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

G.R.I.T.S.

You know what I love about g.r.i.t.s.(girls raised in the south)? Even if you just FIND OUT you're fixin' to have surgery, they will bring a you a casserole! :) Thanks Marylena!!!

I truly appreciate everyone who is praying for me. This blog is helping me feel connected to you (and to reconnect with some old friends) and I look forward to reading your comments and email each day. I never realized how therapeutic writing could be.

Pete's Grandma passed away earlier tonight. She was a dear, sweet lady and lived all 97 of her years loving the Lord. She will be sorely missed, but we are not sad because we know she closed her eyes at the Covenant Village and opened her eyes in her Heavenly home.

I have always been big on making New year's resolutions. This is the first time in many years I have not had "lose weight" at the top of a very long list. Your perspective really changes about so many things when you get the "big C" diagnosis. It's ironic that this year I haven't made a single new year's resolution, but I have certainly been taking more time to re-evalute my life. What I've come up with is just that I want to "be better". I want to be a better wife, mom, Christian,friend, daughter, sister, etc. It really makes me think, you know I may the one who has cancer, but none of us really know what tomorrow holds. Maybe this won't be the year to lose weight, but maybe we can strive to just "be better."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Pete's Grandma. Hang in there. God is always on time.

In reading your 1/5 entry - Meg Ryan?? I suppose I can see the resemblance. You're both nuts.

Aron

Anonymous said...

Fern
I've been thinking of you so much. Your positive attitude is such an inspiration to me now as it was 8 years ago when I first met you. I don't get to see you much at all any more, but you have to know that I (like all the other Edwards girls) still love you like a sister. I will be thinking of you and praying for you too.
Love ya, Anita

Anonymous said...

Alisa,

You are soooo amazing. You and your family are in my prayers. Our God is an awesome GOD.

Oh yea, tell Allison I have lots of chocolate candy waiting for her.

Love ya girlfriend.

Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hello Alisa, I got your blog email but I didn't know how to use it, because I went to it and it didn't bring anything up...then this morning Gregg Waring, Judy Waring's husband, asked me if I had heard anything about you...I had this empty feeling in my stomach...my heart sank...and I asked him what news...then I called Linda Gibson and she told me to just go to your website...first, I am sooo sorry...I can hear you now...but Diane God is still in control!...and I know that and I know HE never, ever makes a mistake and HE already knows what tomorrow holds...my heart still aches for you. God is good, HE knows what HE is doing..the closest I have ever "felt" his presence was when our second baby died...you've heard me testify of that...HE just knows HOW TO GIVE that PEACE doesn't HE...I will be praying...and if there's anything Rick and I can do, please let us know...if you need/want "ice cream!" any time...seriously, we've had at least three recovering cancer patients have said that while they were going through the chemo and radiation, they could eat our food and keep it down...maybe because there's no perservatives...I don't know, but it humbled me that they told me that. also, I have a great friend who has had breast cancer who would make you laugh if grandma fell and broke her big toe...I called her when I heard of her cancer and I dreaded it so bad...I was ready to cry with her, but when I hung up the phone, I had laughed so hard and been so inspired, that I cried. she told me that the Lord had been preparing her for this, letting her read good books and do Bible study for two years...that is how she got through it...she has an amazing testimony too...as you always have. Alisa...I pray God will richly bless you with His presence and with His healing. I love you, you've always been an inspiration to us. Oh, by the way, would that Dr. Ellison be Eddie Ellison??! My favorite doctor in the whole-wide-world?? He did my hysterectomy and then my bladder tack back in Oct. 07... He is wonderful. I sent him a CD of "Laughter" by Chuck Swindoll...he liked it. Know that I am praying...Love you, Diane Hendricks

Anonymous said...

PS, I'm not sure if there's anything else I am suppose to do as far as leaving comments...when I finished writing the first one, I just checked anoymous...I don't have a google account, hopefully you will get it.
Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

I'm at work reading this and crying - just like we did as roommmates at Clemson. What an incredible witness you are. I agree with your friend that there may be some publishing in your future. You're truly an inspiration. And, while we've not kept in close touch over the years, I truly love you like a sister and will do anything in the world for you. I'm praying....
Laura