Pale and frail. That's how my brother described my dad yesterday. Thankfully, he went with them to the doctor just so we could have another person who knows what the doctor is saying. They did another chest x-ray but were not able to get the results yesterday. They upped his acid reflux med and scheduled him for that test where they put the camera down your esophagus and check out your chest and upper body all the way to your small intestine. That'll be on Monday. They also will schedule a CT scan on his chest. My brother said dad had to rest walking from one building to the other and was terribly weak. He's lost a considerable amount of weight and is still not eating enough to even gain any strength. I just don't know what to think. It's just miserable to realize how long it's been since he has felt good. BUT, I have come to terms with the fact that the best place for my mom is at home with my dad. Really, he needs her more than I need her. I tried to talk to her last night and I hope I was able to release her from the responsibility we feel as mothers to be there for our children through heck and high water. I hope I convinced her that I will be okay. The Knight will be there for me at the hospital and my MIL will be here at the house to care for the kids, church family and other friends are handling the food and any other miscellaneous things we may need. THEN when dad is feeling better, she can come up and "kick it on in there" for us. She seemed like she was coming to terms with it and when I hung up I felt SOOOO much better. This has been a real source of stress for me because I know she
wants to be here for me as much as I
want her to be. But for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be working out. I can't imagine what God is doing, but you know he works behind the scenes all the time if we are his children. I imagine him always there just working on and planning our lives for us. All we have to do is ask him to take care of it. I have and I know mom has and now we have to let our human emotions get in line and let it go. Everything is going to be alright. It'll all be good in the end.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm doing laundry, the girls have gone skating with a friend, the little man is taking a nap and the knight is doing all kind of "honey do" list kinds of things- straightening the garage, putting songs on my ipod, putting pictures on my digital picture frame, and other knightly kinds of stuff. He is the best. Last night after I got off the phone with mom and our dreaded conversation was over, I treated myself to a night in the recliner watching 2 of my favorite movies-You've got Mail AND Sleepless In Seattle, starring you know who-ME!Okay- Meg. But it was DE-lightful! I don't know why, but I have a hard time just sitting and watching tv. Most of the time I'm doing something else(reading, folding laundry, on the computer, the phone, etc.) and tv is in the background. I'll go for now, I don't want to bore you. I have so many things I'd like to talk about before I go on a writing on hiatus (or into the hospital as some would see it.) I mean I haven't even told you about my fabulous children.
I will leave you with a neat verse from the book of
Nahum- 1:7 The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Do you know my Lord? It's a good verse among some that are troubling, but that just reminds me again that ---
life is not fair but God is good.
10 comments:
Well my dear friend I guess us Mile Creek old ladies are going to get to be your mom the second. I forgot to tell you I faint when I see someone in pain, faint when I see blood but other than I will be by your side!!!Just Joking trying to make it a little easier to bear. I sure hope and pray they can get to the root of your Dad problem I can just imagine what your mom is going though having to chose between you and your dad but you know in your heart you all made the right decision.Tell the wonderful knight that we need a up date any time your don't feel like writing so he become a famous writer. I do love you and your family and please tell your mom we will take care you all. LOVR FMJ
Alisa
I'm really sorry your dad & mom can't be with you Tuesday. i'm sure they will be here ASAP. I hope all of his test turn out alright. If you need me for anything don't hesitate to call. Remember, God is in control!
I love you. Pat
Hey there - I'm so sorry your parents won't be there but I am glad you are at peace with it - I am sure this is extremely hard on your mother and I know you made her feel better! Hopefully he will bounce right back and they will be there with you before you know it. I am also very sorry I am not close enough to help you out - I truly hate that I cannot do simple things for you like clean your house (though I'm no good at that as you know) - laundry (remember the pile?), but I could take care of your kids!!!! Please tell your mom and dad we are praying for them as well as you and your whole family.
Alisa,
Just wanted to let you know that you and your whole family are in my prayers. I wish you all the luck tomorrow and will be praying for you.
Love,
Lisa P.
DEAR ALISA
I KNOW DEEP DOWN YOU ARE STILL THINKING MAYBE MY MOM WILL STILL MAKE IT AND SUPRISE ME BECAUSE WE GIRLS THINK WE JUST CAN NOT DO WITHOUT OUR MOM. DON'T GIVE UP GOD CAN TURN THINGS AROUND IN A TWINKLEING OF AN EYE. IN THE MEAN TIME I CAN SHARE MY MOM OR I CAN ACT LIKE YOURS ( CLEAN YOUR ROOM, GET OFF THE PHONE, EAT YOUR SUPPER, DON'T BE LATE, DO YOUR HOME WORK ) AM I GETTING CLOSE. THIS IS MADE TO MAKE YOU LAUGH. YOU KNOW I WILL TAKE A SICK DAY IF YOU WANT ME TO BE THERE FOR YOU. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR STUFF LAST NIGHT THE BLANKET AND HOUSE COAT, AND TOE SOCKS ARE SOFT AND SWEET LIKE YOU I HOPE YOU ENJOY THEM. WELL GUESS I BETTER GET BACK TO WORK. STOP WORRYING HAVE A GOOD DAY EAT WHILE YOU CAN AND WE LOVE YOU .MRS CLEAN
Hello Alisha,
We pray the Lord will continue to help you through this time in your life.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Karen Peck Gooch
New River
Alisa,
I didn't get to see you last night after church, but I want you to know I will be thinking about you and praying for you on Tuesday. I am here if you need me for anything,sit with you or any help with the kids. I love you and your family.
Love,
Melissa A.
Alisa,
We just want you to know that we are praying for you and we're here if you need anything. Please ask Pete to keep us updated on how you're doing until you're up for blogging again.
Love, Brian, Claudia and Lexi
i'm up at 5 and praying and will be all day. God told me that He is in control and I believe Him. He knows how much we love you but he loves you more.....
I think I have just stumbled upon one of the strongest women I have ever met! I got your name from RSBC Ester bible study. Lots of prayers going up for you and your family. I pray you feel comfort in them.
Though I had not had to deal with CA. My mother had it and I have had years of physical issues and surgeries with four children in tow. It has brought me and my family closer to the Lord and HIS will for us. It has lifted many a veil for me.
I love your "take" on the storm you are in. It is a witness in the truest form!
Hang in there. We all know that the Lord's will is perfect, even though we cannot see it the way He does.
Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God...
Love in HIM,
+
Faith
Post a Comment