CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Watch me, Daddy!

"Watch me, Daddy!" I'd say as I performed my latest underwater maneuver in our pool. "Watch me, Daddy!" I'd say as I turned a cartwheel in front of the television news.

As I was getting ready for the ladies' prayer walk breakfast at church this morning, I came across a verse that has been rolling through my head all afternoon.
Psalm 99:5- Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at his footstool: for he is holy.

I love the image of the footstool. That's EXACTLY where I want to be-on the footstool of God.

I'm envisioning God the Father there smiling at me while I am sitting on his footstool worshipping Him. I'm close to him, there at his feet even, as near as I can be. He's looking only at me. No tv, no newspaper, no baseball game. But I can't think of the words to say. I'm too overcome with gratitude. I'm sure I have a huge lump in my throat and very shy. So instead of talking to him I'm just going to show him. I'm going to use my talent-maybe it's not a cartwheel or water aerobics. But it's the talent he gave me. It's what he handpicked for me to use for his glory. "Watch me..."

2 comments:

Trina said...

Thank you so much for including Jason on your prayer list.

I love hearing about Ander's adventures. Makes me smile!!

Love,
Trina

Anonymous said...

Hello friend, Just in case no one has told you, I think your "ramblings" are so inspiring. I sincerely hope that you will consider writing a book. Your words and thoughts are such an encouragement to me and I'm sure they are to others. I would love to see you published in daily devotionals. Think about it seriously. Hope you are having agreat summer.

Pam P.