CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Little Man is secure

Does this look like an escape artist to you??? Can you picture him running around the cul-de-sac with Allison screaming after him? This face almost says "Nanananananana. You can't catch me."

You'll be relieved to know that the last remaining door has been "Little Man proofed". The back door is steel so the Knight had a hard time getting the lock installed last night. We never had this problem of "break-outs" with the girls. He is just trying to make his mama crazy is all I know. When someone comes to the door now it's like opening up the bank. Poor Zoey is too short to reach so she just looks through the side light to communicate to her neighbor friend. So today I celebrated the tightness of this ship, took a nice 5 minute long shower and even shaved my legs. When I got out, he was Swiffering my kitchen floor.
The girls are SO competitive these days. I just shake my head when I think about how silly they are. Zoey has only lost one tooth so far so when her second tooth got very loose tonight, I made a big deal and told her now she'd have some spending money for the zoo tomorrow. So guess what happened after church tonight? Allison lost a tooth, too! Karie was teasing her and told her it was a permanent tooth and she cried the whole way home.

So the Riverbanks Zoo tomorrow and then "Camp Nana" for the girls this weekend. They are so excited and I know they will love being away from mom and dad. The Little Man cried when he figured out he wasn't going to stay, so we'll have to do something extra special for him.

We had a great time with my mom here last week. She is such a great mom and I apprectiate her now more that I ever have. We got to babysit these little cuties today and they were a lot of fun. It's a joy to see them grow.













That's about it for me. What have you been up to?

3 comments:

Barbara Richey said...

Hi Alisa,
I know it's been quite some time since I posted, but I've certainly kept up with your blogging and continue to be blessed by your life's testimony and experiences. I have my granddaughter, Catherine, over as often as possible. She's not an escape artist, but has learned to say with her twinkling princess eyes and most graciously I might add "I'm sorry". She loves to cut anything and always follows my "Catherine, you didn't ask to cut that." with her sweet little "I'm sorry." then continues on to the next item she wants to cut which is also followed by, o course, I'm sorry. She's a squirter too. Give that child a squirt bottle and a towel and she 'cleans' until the water is gone Unfortunately, only a tiny portion of it is absorbed by the towel. We're headed to the Edisto tomorrow. I look so forward to the rest and time with family, but most of all my time with God. It may seem trite, but just being on the beach imagining the vastness of the ocean, the miracle of the tides, the repeating sounds of constant crashing of the waves on the shore ever reminds me of His infinite love and grace and how blessied we are to have such a generous plan of salvation. Much of my time unoccupied by children is spent thanking and praising the Lord. I loved the little prayer booklet you made. It was such a wonderful idea! And now I wanyt my own laminator! If you could send instructions, I might give a shot at making some for my daughters to have for their children. I think they would make wonderful birthday or Christmas gifts. Keep taking care of yourself, Pete, and those precious children of yours.
Blessings,
Barbara

Karen said...

Alisa,
Little Man looks so grown up!!!! WOW! He's too cute to stay mad at, I'm sure!!! Caroline is much more adventurous than Olivia and has tried to escape (thankfully, unsuccessfully) a few times. However, Olivia did manage to escape one day (around the age of 3) and went to her Nana's house (Brad's mom). Thankfully, she just lives next door, but I was mortified!!! I did not even know she was gone until Nana called me!!!!!!
As always, I love reading your blogs. Keep them coming!
Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa -
Yes I can picture The Little Man running around the cul-de-sac because his father and uncle were masters at the Great Escape. As a matter of fact one of them(Pete or Scott) climbed up the TV antenna outside of Grandma Wefel's kitchen window. At the time he was discovered he had to have been 15 feet up in the air. I promise not to share the many stories of these childhood escapades with Anders until he is too old to want to copy them. It appears he can think up enough on his own. I shall say an extra prayer of patience for you. Ha! Ha!
Love, Aunt Sue