CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy New (School) Year!


So when Pam suggested we take our families to Pigeon Forge this summer I was a little bit skeptical. I mean first of all, I'm a beach girl. I grew up in Florida for cryin' out loud. A beach vacation was almost written into my prenuptual agreement. And secondly, could anyone tolerate the Fernfamily in close quarters for 6 days straight? (Remember how I told you my kids have been totally unruly of late.) Well, I must say that we had a great time. The kids played well together, The Knight and Larry got along fabulously, Pam and I discovered we are sisters separated at birth, Dollywood is really a great place and aside from having to wear a swimsuit, Splash Country was a blast. So for anyone out there wondering, the beach will always be my favorite spot to vacation, but Pigeon Forge is a close second.
The girls are heading back to school Tuesday! Can you hear the excitement in my voice? It's time. We have had all the lazy days of summer we can take and it is time to get a little structure back into our lives. Allison is starting a new school for third grade and will take back up with her piano lessons. Zoey is excited about first grade and ready to get back on the soccer field. The Little Man is turning three on the 31st and will be going to school five days a week this year.

The beginning of the new school year is like the beginning of a new calendar year for me. I like to set goals, make plans, and start over. I even buy school supplies for myself. (Three rolls of tape and a new hole punch today.) So since the beginning of 2009 was a total dud for me, I'm looking at this as sort of a new start for me too. I am looking forward to a new Bible study at RSBC, working out at the Y, and reconstructive surgery. I have prayed about the surgery and I feel at peace about it now. I can't really explain what happened, but I will say that walking close to God is wonderful and knowing His will is the best feeling in the world! I don't know that I will be blogging about all the details here, but I will be happy to talk with anyone who is interested.

So you're up to date with me. Vacation was fun. School starts back this week. God is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa, It sounds like you had the perfect ending to the summer and are ready to start a new year (in many ways). I think that is wonderful! We're so glad that you all had a great vacation and hope the kids enjoy their first days of school!

Claudia

Anonymous said...

Of course you had fun, you were in TENNESSEE!! I hope all goes well on the first day of school. We don't start back for two weeks. Take care. Brian

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Hope you have a good week. I'm glad ya'll had a wonderful time at Dollywood. It is a fun place to go. Haven't been to Splash Country but they say it is a blast. Missed reading your blog. Hope everyone does well starting back to school. Talk with you later.
Love ya,
Sandy

Karen said...

Glad you had fun at Dollywood! We love to go there. It's a fun, family place and our girls really enjoy it.

I feel the same way about the start of the school year. I don't know why but I have always sort of associated it as a beginning of a year. Funny.

We really enjoyed getting together with you at McDonald's. I'm sure we'll be seeing you at EPCK.

Hope your girls have a GREAT first day back!!!!

Anonymous said...

Alisa
It sounds like everyone had a great time. Tomorrow is the big day. Hope all goes well. I'm looking forward to the new Bible study also. Have a great week.
Love ya,
Pat