CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Friday, August 28, 2009

I asked for this

One Sunday after church last year we were driving down Mile Creek Road (where you go around that curve and the cows are on the right), I prayed for God to use me for something special. I don't remember what the sermon was about or why I prayed that particular prayer that day, but I have a very vivid memory of it. I was asking Him to let me serve Him. I wasn't asking to be special in a lime-light, center- of -attention kind of way. I was asking Him to let me have a testimony I could use for His glory. I was hoping He might have a special mission project for me and my family. I was thinking it might involve our middle school class. Maybe I secretly thought He might give me an awesome singing voice or some really cool talent. I guess I was just feeling so close to Him and so in love with Him that I really wanted to let Him know that my life was His. The Knight's job was sort of shaky and we had prayed for 5 years that God would open the door for a new job, and I was so tired of waiting. We often talked about whether or not we would move away if he got a job somewhere else. I would always tell him that I would go wherever we needed to go for him to have a good job. I guess I was sort of restless at that point. His term of being a deacon was now over and we would have fewer responsibilities in the church. After 7 years, that was going to take some getting used to. I had an emptiness or you could call it a longing. I knew I had been blessed all through my life and I knew God was good, and I knew He wanted what was best for me. I knew I could trust Him and that He loved me. So riding down the road that day, sun shining, stomach growling, kids yelling- I just asked Him in a conversation inside my head. He heard me. My life will never be the same.

0 comments: