CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, August 17, 2009

You go, Mama!

Good grief! I have 47 pages of information sheets to fill out for both girls for tomorrow, but all I want to do is blog. For awhile I sort of lost sight of my purpose here, OR maybe I have just been too distracted and busy, OR maybe the kids have stayed up too late for me to even have the time to get my thoughts together, but I'M BACK. I feel invigorated. The Lord has been so good to me and I have an obligation of sorts to share that with anyone who will listen.

My mom is really fired up about sharing her faith and I am trying to encourage her. I said to her "What have you got to lose Mom? If people just think you've gone mad with grief, then that's okay." I laugh when I think about her at the grocery store, waiting for the right person and the courage to strike up a conversation and give them a tract. But she has really been a blessing to me lately due to her newfound courage and her real urgency to tell people about Jesus. She has a great testimony about how the Lord has helped her these last few months. Losing the love of her life, something that oftentimes causes people to go into a deep depression, or to lose hope, or just completely fall apart, has caused my mom to reinvent herself, to really find her purpose. She has a story to tell, a Lord and Savior to share and a light to shine for others. SHE really needs a blog. She's always had a card ministry where she'd send notes to people who may need encouragement or just to let them know they were missed in Sunday School. Lately though she has been writing thank you notes or just random letters to people that would just blow you away. She has such a way with words. My thank you cards are usually boring cookie cutter things that people read over the trash can. If you ever get a note from my mom, you'll save it. You'll tuck it in a book somewhere and read it again later. Her whole life has been spent being a wife and mother and when dad died she felt lost. Dad was the main decision maker, yet she did so many things for him. She didn't just take care of him, she took good care of him; fixed him breakfast every morning-special shakes with whey protein, flax seed oil, oatmeal and fruit. (I'm doing good if there's a banana in the fruit basket for the Knight!) She waited on him hand and foot. He made the decisions about finances, house repair, etc. So while she was entrenched in grief, she was struggling to make all the decisions AND feeling like she wasn't needed. In the last month, though, I have watched her become transformed. She has a peace about her because she has a purpose now and a different kind of joy that one can only experience when you find that Jesus really is all you need. I'm excited for her really. She is well on her way to being all out for God.

She misses Dad terribly, but she has a job to do before she sees him again.

2 comments:

twomonkeysatoadandaking said...

Amen sister! I am so glad to see you back on here! I missed reading your inspirational blogs and I have been hoping that you would get back in the swing of writing. I am so excited for your mom too! I can see exactly where you get all of your talents then! You have a way with words too, you just don't know it. Your words have touched me and I know they have helped and touched others that you don't even know! Keep it up and keep going for Him, because God is using you big right now! love you!

Anonymous said...

Alisa
YOur mom is a very special lady. I know she will be an inspiration to others because she has been to me. I hope she can come back and visit you soon. I like spending time with her. I hope you have a good week.
Love
Pat