Time is flying by and the Little Man is now dating. Just kidding, but I LOVE this picture from Dollywood with him driving Joanna. The kids loved this park and watching them drive around that track made me smile.
I would love to report to you that things have settled down, but that is not the case. We have a busy week this week and then next weekend we are going to Arkansas for Labor Day weekend. I am looking forward to seeing my family over there and getting to visit with my mom who has been there for a few weeks already. I was telling the Little Man that we were going to be riding on a plane and I felt a pain in my heart. I thought about our last time on a plane was flying to Jacksonville in hopes of being with my dad before he died. That day just doesn't even seem real now. It's like it happened to someone else. I so hoped I would make it in time, but that was not God's plan. I was standing in line in the check-out and looking down and I noticed the man in front of me had legs and ankles that looked just like my dad. I tried to imagine that I was standing behind Dad and that I could just tap him on the shoulder and he would turn around and hug me. That is crazy, I know. I think of him so many times a day and I miss him terribly. I miss the times when he would call me during the day. I knew he was thinking about me and just picked up the phone at work and called to check on us. I missed going to Fripp Island with him and mom this summer. I know the Knight missed their time together on the golf course. Man, Dad loved him so much and it made me so happy that they got along as well as they did. Oh, it's late and I have to stop or I will get myself too upset to sleep.
I am really learning to trust God more and to realize that He really does have my best interest in mind. I feel closer to Him now than I've ever been. I want to serve Him more than I ever have. My dad would be so happy about that.
5 comments:
I like this picture too! He is a little womans man you know! So get used to seeing him with some chicks!:)
I know you miss your dad a lot and he sounds like he was such a wonderful father and father n law!I'm glad you have such special memories together!
I hope you have a wonderful time during Labor day break. You all are some traveling peps!
I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll see you then!
Love you!
Alisa,
My heart hurts for you. Thinking of you and saying a prayer right now that you will have good rest tonight.
Love,
Karen
STARTING HIM OFF YOUNG. THAT IS A CUTE PICTURE. I AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD VACATION. HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE VISIT WITH YOUR FAMILY OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND. LOVE YA CHERYL
I love you my friend and am praying that the Lord will allow you to rest! Just don't hang out with me cause I may be keeping you up nights!!! Hah! Been there done that...I still have problems sleeping but for a year after mom died it was like all the stress, energy, thoughts, questions, and kid stuff all joined together to interrupt my sleep...Im sure its an attack of satan...cause sister he don't like you...he wonders what damage you will do to his work so he interfers with your rest...if your tired you may not talk as much... every morning when your feet hit the floor he knows he is in trouble and that the Lords name will be spoken and praised to someone!!! So just know we are praying and if sleep doesn't come soon we will drug your M&M's!!!
I forgot to tell you - Caroline LOVES that car ride at Dollywood! We did it OVER and OVER again when we were there last December!
Your Little Man is so cute driving his "date".
Post a Comment