CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, March 2, 2009

God is good!

So there is a rumor going around about me. Some of you viscous, gossiping ladies are saying something pretty bad about me. You are talking about me when I'm not around. One of you even told my mother-in-law. So I'll just take a few minutes today to address this rumor head on. I do not like to share. Okay. It's out. I do not like to share, but only in the case of food. You can have anything I've got, but please don't ask me to share what I'm eating-especially dessert. I'd like to have a bite of what you're eating, but don't ask me for mine. Especially the last bite of something or my last chicken nugget or m&ms-forget it. This bad character trait has only presented itself since I've had children. I'm not sure why because I used to love to go out with my girlfriends and get a big dessert and 12spoons. Not anymore boy. If I'm getting dessert, you ain't gettin any.
But when you are in a family, sharing has to happen. Just like how my sweet Zoey had that bad stomach virus last week and she shared it with me and then I shared it with Allison. That's where I've been-sharing. That's all I'm going to say on that topic.

I am still overjoyed that I don't have to have any radiation or chemo. It still seems unreal that this could be over. I have experienced so much, had so many opportunities to share, and learned so many things in just 2 short months. Truly I am a different person. I hope I can project that into all that I do. I see so many people suffering these days and I want to reach out to them and tell them to just hold on because a brighter day is coming. God has it planned out for your good-that's what He tells us in his word-ALL things work for good to them that love God and to them who are the called according to his purpose.(Romans 8:28) So far, all I can see in this is good. I still yell at my kids and have a lot of self-induced stress, but the whole background of my everyday life has changed. Does that make sense? You know one thing I can see is that if this thing had turned out differently, like if my cancer had been terminal, God still would have been good. He would have made a way for my children to be taken care of, Pete would have been given the strength to endure losing his beautiful wife. I fully believe God would have stepped up and been his awesome self then too. I know that if I had had to go through chemotherapy and been sick and lost my hair-that God would have still been good. He would have still given me what I needed to make it through each day. God would have kept me close and carried me through.

So my next challenge is my dad. What God has planned I don't know. The outlook is grim right now. Part of me is mad. I'm mad that he is only 71. I'm mad that I live here and not close enough to spend more time with him. I'm mad that he didn't listen to me all those times I fussed at him about smoking. I mean didn't he read that paper I wrote in school about the dangers of smoking-I left it on his bedside table. I'm mad that I don't see much fight in him. I want to know he's doing all he can to add time to his life. For us, if not for him. I guess that's selfish,huh? He's not able to go to work, he'll probably never get to golf again, he hasn't the strength to really enjoy life. Why should he want to stay? Many years ago he asked Christ to forgive him for his sins and save him and that day he made a reservation in Heaven. Jesus has a beautiful home waiting for him there and a brand new body. His mom and dad are there, a brother and a few good friends. He's lived a good life, so there will be many rewards for him to enjoy. Dad has so much to look forward to. if God is ready for him to go home, then I just need Him to give us us that reassurance. I don't have peace about that yet. I need to see him, I guess. We are planning a trip down in two weeks so maybe I can have some quality time with him. I just keeping thinking of how awesome it would be if God healed him or if He just allowed dad to get better and have some quality time. I don't know, friends. This is all new to me. We know we'll lose our parents someday, but when the time comes it doesn't seem any easier. Lord, knows I don't want him to suffer. He's been such a good dad to me. Did I tell you how he spoiled me? He said I'd never find a man who could "keep me in the manner to which I'd become accustomed". He'd say that often and it always made me laugh. He cared about my education- he sent me to good schools and encouraged me to pursue a career I could love. He cared about my health- he had braces put on my teeth, sent me to the dermatologist when my face broke out and even bribed me with money to lose weight one time. He bought me the best he could afford-a new car to drive to college and a another new car when some boy crashed mine. He cared about my self-esteem-he sent me to Outward Bound for nine days in the woods to find my inner strength. (Good grief that's a whole nother post)He cared about my spiritual state- he made sure I heard God's word and he raised me in a Christian home and to love the Lord. Don't you see why I don't want to lose him. I've said it before-he's the wind beneath my wings. But I know now, better than I've ever known before,the Lord will not leave us, He won't give us more than we can bear, He has the time table, He is in control. I can't do anything about dad's cancer. I just have to stay in touch with that same great physician who healed me and make my petition for dad. Whatever God chooses I will have to accept and remember that once again God will be good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right...God is good. I am praying for you and your Dad right now. I lost my Dad on April 27, 1998. It will be 11 years soon. He had been sick for a while. I knew it was coming. I thought I was prepared. Boy, was I wrong. You can't prepare for it. I know my Daddy is well and with the Lord. I can rejoice in that. I can also rejoice that I will see him again one day. God is good. You are feeling all normal things. We don't want to lose our parents...the ones who gave us life....taught us things....and most of all LOVED us so much. I am praying healing for your Dad. I am praying thanksgiving for your healing. I am praying God's strength for you in whatever happens. And we know GOD IS GOOD!!
Love, Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

Sharing - I don't know anyone who really likes to share their food. The worst thing is when you ask someone if they want something and they say no and then you get something and sit down by them and then they reach over and get a great big bite of yours! A person can only take so much! Ronnie does this to me especially when we have a dinner in the fellowship building.

I lost my dad in 1998 but due to a stroke, he wasn't himself for the last three years he was with us. It is never easy to give up someone you love but there are circumstances that make it easier to let them go. I knew my daddy was never going to get any better and that he would be much happier in Heaven so I had to be strong and go on. It is human nature to feel anger at situations you can't control but God knows what he is doing. Aren't you glad you have all the wonderful memories of your dad and that he spoiled you like he did? I'm sure there will be some good memories left to make and I'll bet he will spoil you even more.
Love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
How I know about your not sharing especially desserts! But that's okay. I am praying for your dad. God knows exactly what he is doing even when we don't know. I know that is hard sometimes for us. Which I have told you before my dad died when I was nine (27 years ago) He had lung cancer and smoked all his life and I guess that is why to this day I have never smoked or try to in my whole entire life. I can remember feeling the same way you do but I was alot younger. But in the end I know God had a plan for my family and me.If daddy would have been living today I know I wouldn't be living in SC now and I wouldn't have married Eric and I wouldn't have had my wonderful children either. So I know God had his perfect will and plan when he took my daddy to live with him. I miss him but I also admire my mama for the way she raised me in a loving home and took on the responsiblity of both mom and dad. As a grown up and knowing how much things cost and the stress of parenting she endured alot from me. Not saying I was a bad kid but I know I did things I shouldn't have. I have FAITH in our GOD that he can heal him if it is in his plan. My prayer is that you can spend many more times with him and that he will have the strength to do the things he loves to do. He sounds like a wonderful man. Keep holding on because GOD is GOOD and FAITHFUL. Look what he has done in your life and he can do the same for him. You have been there for me and know that I'm here for you.
Love ya,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD, ALISA! GOD IS SO VERY GOOD! HOPE YOUR CHILDREN LIKED THE LITTLE CARD I MADE THEM. I JUST THOUGHT THEY MAY NEED SOMETHING RIGHT NOW. LOVE YOU AND STILL PRAYING...WILL KEEP YOUR DAD IN MY PRAYERS. LOVE, DIANE