CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bleh!

Five doctors visits in one week is really too much, don't you think? I bet you'd be hard-pressed to see that many doctors in a week. The last one said I have a bladder infection so that must be why I am glued to the couch with no energy and mad at everyone. (Not you, of course!)

Just a few updates for you. Potty training is going well. On the way home from church last night the Little Man said he had to go. I told him he just had to hold it until we got home and when I looked back at him he was! I remember telling the Knight after Allison was finally trained that I was going to have a t-shirt made up that said "My child is potty trained." It's quite a feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? For both parent and child, I guess. He sure has been a handful this week. Just this morning while I was in the shower he helped himself to a big glob of hair gel (actually it was hair wax, so you can imagine) while he was brushing his teeth with all of our tooth brushes. Then he made a fort out of the dirty laundry and a bag full of clothes I had folded up and ready to give to charity. The whole time I'm in the shower yelling "Where are you? Come in here where mommy can see you! Do you want a spanking?" So two minutes before we had to walk out the door I was holding his head under the sink, trying to rinse his hair. Did I actually think to myself a while back that maybe he was going to skip the "terrible twos". Really, he IS the icing on our cake, the cherry on our sundae, the third ring of our circus.... Maybe I'm the one in the "terrible twos" Just times 20!

I have a bunch of prayer request I'd like you to remember. Our friend Fuzz has had a terrible time lately-serious burns on his feet and legs earlier this month and now he's in the hospital waiting for gall bladder surgery. Also my friend Bill's mom and dad-Joann is having surgery tomorrow and Earl is recovering from recent surgery. Magdalene still has 4 radiation treatments to go. My friend Claudia's dad needs our prayers also. Franky, one of our middle school students is in a bad home situation and needs prayer. And me and my family still covet your prayers.

Having cancer for the second time really made me question my purpose. I'm asking "God, really, what is it you want me to do. I am all yours." So many of you are going through hard times right now and I just want so much to be an encouragement to you. I want to help your heart. Surely that is part of what I'm to do here. There's not much I can do for you other than tell you that even in the darkest part of this valley I've been in, when I was at my weakest point and ready to go over the cliff, I knew that there was something, someone there holding me me. There was a still small voice inside my heart that kept telling me that everything was going to be alright. We insist on trying to be so strong all the time, but sometimes it's just not possible. We are weak, but HE IS STRONG. I am so weak but Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. Yes, Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so. And my heart does too. Listen, can you hear it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that all the doctors found wrong with you was a bladder infection. Hopefully, that can be cleared up soon. I'd also like to say "Welcome to the world of boys." It sounds like you are finally finding out what it's like to have a boy around. Chris had a broken arm at 2 1/2 (which is another story) and I decided to wait until he got his cast off before starting to potty train him but we finally made it. Then Cameron came along and it was to do all over again. I think I cleaned hineys (sp?)for 10 years. Ya know how kids are when they do a poo poo, they don't want to clean up themselves so they call mama.
Ronnie and I went to see Fuzz and Mr. Harold last night. Both are doing better.
May you have a blessed, peaceful, calm, and relaxing day.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I HOPE ALL OF YOUR DOCTOR VISITS WENT WELL. SOUNDS LIKE ANDERS IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK FOR POTTY TRAINNING. MAYBE THE SUN WILL SHINE ON SUNDAY AND GIVE US ALL A BREATH OF FRESH AIR. REMBER WE ALL STILL HAVE GOD TO BE THANKFULL FOR YOU AND YOUR GREAT WISDOM YOU SHARE WITH US. KEEP SMILING AND KEEP WRITING GOD LOVES YOU AND I DO TO. CHERYL

Anonymous said...

Your story about Anders made me laugh so hard! I have been there girl! Jasy used to get in my cabinets everytime I would be in the shower or getting dressed. I would stand in the shower and shout her name the whole time,"Jaaasssy, where are you, what are you into to?". She would respond "I'm right here mommy, I'm fine". (that little rascal)I knew if she said that then I was in trouble! Ofcourse, most of the time this would be at night and her daddy would be there, just not responsive watching some form of sports in the living room! MEN! Eve would come in sometimes and shout "MOOOOM" and then I knew I was in trouble! Onetime when I got out, she had gotten into the vaseline and had rubbed it all in her hair and on my toothbrush. So... I totally relate!

I will remember your prayer request.

I do hear him saying I love you, and doesn't it feel so good?!

Take care, and I'm wishing you an "adventurous" weekend full of lasting memories!

Anonymous said...

Alisa
It sounds like you are having a good time potty training. I thought Cana was the only one who played with dirty laundry. I think I take dirty socks away from her all day. She even puts Billy's dirty socks in her mouth. UGH!
Thank you for your writing. It is really a blessing to me. I look forward to reading it everyday.
I hope you have a blessed weekend.
Thank you for making my day brighter.
Love ya,
Pat