Okay, this blog has become soaking wet with grief, so tonight I'll focus on a lighter topic. The little man and I are potty training! I say the little man and I because it's just as much me as it is him. I have to remember to ask him if he needs to go, I have to remember to schedule breaks into my errands, and I have to be an enthusiastic cheerleader and super smart motivator. (I am 40, so the remembering part is getting difficult.) Tonight I announced at dinner that he had been dry all day. Everyone clapped appropriately and he said, "Big present."
Zoey pipes up then with "Why does he get a present? What about me? I'm potty trained." She's the one who is concerned about being left out.
And Allison says "You should take him to Gattitown, Toy r Us and to get ice cream." ( She's the family event planner)
I'm pretty sure he's ready, so wish us luck. I hate to think my baby is growing up, but those 2t underwear just make me smile.
This is Anders and Nana trying out the new undies...
7 comments:
GOOD TO SEE YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD AND FUN DAY BUT IT IS OKAY TO STILL GRIVE. BUT LET ME TELL YOU POTTY TRAINING A BOY IS A LOT DIFFERENT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO LET THE KNIGHT IN ON THIS ONE. GIRLS ARE EASY I THINK. LOVE FMJ
Good luck and may the force be with you. I remember in the early 70's when my mom would wear silky underwear on her head to bed to keep her puffy hair just right.
MY HOW TIME FLIES. THIS IS MORE MEMORY MAKING TIME. HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE TRANNING. AND THE PART ABOUT THE REMBERING OH YAH WHAT WAS I WRITING. LOVE YA BUNCHES CHERYL.
He seems so little to be going potty! Caroline is very resistant to the whole potty thing! We are going to work on it during spring break week.........no pullups....just cute little panties. I totally understand about it being the both of you. My dear, I am almost 44. My memory is GONE!! Thankfully, I have Olivia who remembers everything!!! Enjoy the rain! Love, Karen Rampey
I'm sure you remember mine and Hunter's trials in potty training. It was one of the most challenging and eventually rewarding experiences. My greatest memory was when I had given up for the 10,000 time and was preparing for a high school graduation in diapers. Hunter finally decided on his own it was time. When he did use the potty on his own with great success he looked at me at said "Now don't scream I went potty". I of course screamed, hugged, called everyone I knew. At that point he was potty trained.
Good luck. I know a place on the internet you can order a childs portable urinal.
Renee
The "Little Man" is going to do great! I hope he still had his potty sticker that I gave him when he got home from school. Anyway, I went to change him not knowing what you were up to. He was dry so I asked. Yeah! Anders! I know a sticker isn't a Big Present but he liked it for a little while anyway!
Love ya, Ms.Cynde
Good Luck with the Potty Training!! It seemed with Malachi that was the hardest thing to do. Taking away the bottle and pacy was so easy. Now that he is potty trained I feel like I don't have my baby anymore.It is amazing how they grow so quick. It seems like yesterday when you lend me all your matrnity cloths and said that you wouldn't need them back and then all of sudden you did need them back. It amazes me how GOD knows what we need.
Post a Comment