CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Beach bound

I don't want to rub it in or anything, but this time next week I'll be a beach bummin', carriage ridin', alligator watchin', seafood eatin', topless sunbathin'(just kidding) girl. Can't wait! I have a
"to do" list with 17 things on it. No sweat.

A few thoughts, praises, things I want to get off my chest-
The Little Man is an undies wearin' little man. I am so proud and just amazed at how easy he was to train. He wants a pink car for his big present.
I am sure there was someone out there who did something for me during my surgery that I have neglected to send a thank you note to. I lost track when I went to Florida. If so, please know that I am grateful and I'm sorry if I forgot to thank you properly. I just thought of 2 more people...
My friend Fuzz is out of the hopital and has been cleared to resume normal life. Too bad he was never normal. (But praise God for that good news!)
Julia's island of chocolate was really a pretty good idea.
I am going to get all the laundry done, go ahead and pack it and have everyone wear winter clothes until we leave.
I am thinking about bringing back the pacifer just for this trip.
I'm considering reconstructive surgery-should I write about it here or do you think that's too personal, or weird or just plain disgusting-comments please. I really want to know.
I miss my friends at Edwards Middle School. I have so many good memories from my time there.
"In the eyes of the world it is not our relationship with Jesus Christ that counts; it is our resemblance to Him. "( the most meaningful quote from last week's Esther study.)

It's time to go to bed. I have to get started on that list of 17 things I have to do. I'll update you on my progress tomorrow.

I love you dear friends and family. I have never felt so loved in all my life.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fern,
I'm glad you miss us at Edwards. I have so often wished I could stomp up those back office steps, tip-toe into your office, and say, "Hey, got a minute?"

I would so love to be having conversations with you these days about what God is doing in both of our lives, but there's so little time, energy, or brain power left at the end of the day! I do love your thought that God will fill any holes left with Himself! That comforts me! We are supposed to be supporting you, and here you are ministering to me--and everyone else, I'm sure.

Hang in there, and don't forget to come back from that beach!

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

SO GO TO THE ISLAND OF CHOCOLATE AFTER ALL YOU HAVE BEEN THOUGH WE WILL SAY PRAISE THE LORD HE HAS HEAL YOUR BODY SO YOU CAN GO, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!is there anybody in our church that could sing I WILL RISE OFF OF KELLY'S BLOG TONIGHT BEAUTIFUL SONG, WASN'T IT.love you and have a great vacation with your mom and family> love FMJ

Anonymous said...

You will not be the only sunbathing(cross your fingers) babe next week. I leave Saturday for a week of relaxation. Congrats on the little man but where does the pink car come from? As for reconstruction, you go for it and talk about it here all you want. That way, we can all "go thru it" with you. We miss you terribly here at RCE. I could really use a hug nowadays. Have a great time at the beach but keep your shirt on. You know how some people are about breast-feeding in public, they may not get your sense of humor. Lots of love and be careful, Susan Rowland

Unknown said...

I am so very jealous of your beach trip. I know jealousy may be sinful so I am trying to just be happy for you. However, you must understand that this is a little hard because the beach is my absolute favorite place in the whole wide world. Don't you need to take along a babysitter for the trip :) I hope you are getting many things accomplished off of that to do list. I am so happy for your and Anders' accomplishment. I am glad that it was easy for you. And I think you may not need the pacifer if you have a suitcase full of suckers Lol ;) Love you and your family dearly! God Bless!

Unknown said...

I WILL START A PRETITION FOR FERNSTROM TO EDWARDS!!! SARAH WOULD BE SO HAPPY AND ALEX SO JEALOUS!
YOU ENJOY YOUR VACATION WITH YOUR MOM AND BROTHER!
LOVE YA!
SUZ

5 Boys And Me said...

Yes I think you should talk about reconstructive surgery here -t his blog is for you! Where are you going to the beach? The boys are on spring break next week and I thought it would be a good time to come visit you - of course - when do you get back?

Anonymous said...

Fern,
I really miss you too. I think about you a lot and how much you mean to me. I love reading your blogs it just brings me closer to God. And yes, please share with us about your reconstruction. I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach.

Love ya,
Patsy

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Have fun at the beach! Honey, you share here whatever you feel lead to! You have no idea what an inspiration your honesty is to all of us ladies!
Yes, that was my favorite quote from Esther too and the one about we are not responsible for the how! We just need to be obedient to the Holy Spirit's nudgings! Love you!