CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So much to thank Him for

Monday was a bad day for me. The weather was miserable, I was tired, I had a lot to do (I HATE to unpack) and I just had myself a big old pity party. But as I've said before, the sun's coming up in the morning and man oh man God gave me a beautiful day Tuesday. I got in the mood to clean out, people started calling(Monday's blog worried some of you. I'm sorry.) I started singing some praise songs at the top of my lungs and soon the blues were gone. As soon as I got my mind off myself and put my eyes on God and all the many things I have to be thankful for, I felt the dark cloud disappear. I could almost imagine the devil high tailing it out of my neighborhood. I know I have hard days ahead, I know I need time to grieve, but I will not give place to the devil.

I got an idea over at Kelly's blog, and I'd like to take time today to mention a few of the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my friends and family who drove all the way to Jacksonville last week to show their love and sympathy for the loss of my dad.

I am thankful I only had to cook 4 times in the last month!!!! Yeeehaa!

I am thankful for friends who care enough to bring me M&Ms.

I am thankful for Pete's job, his boss and their understanding during the few months he's worked there.

I am thankful that my children are healthy and that I still have one nerve left for them to get on.

I am thankful I had a great dad for 40 years. I am thankful that I married a man much like him.

I am thankful that beauty comes from within.

I am thankful for my children's teachers.

I am thankful that God is using my life as a testimony to His power, His love and His grace.

I am thankful my mom has such strong faith and that we share the same best friend friend-Jesus.

I am thankful that God allows me to work with middle school kids. I can totally relate to them.

I am thankful for sunshiney days, a cozy bed, awesome in-laws, a sweet little boy, 2 talented daughters, my free country, good doctors, a big closet, a gigantic furry dog, my Bible, my Tuesday morning Bible study group, good old fashioned hymns, the beach, my church family, my mean brother, sweet tea, Aleve, old friends, new friends, and most of all...

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life- John 3:16

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I HAVEN;;T WRITTEN LATELY BUT I NEVER GO A DAY WITH PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. GOD IS WITH US IN THE SUNSHINE AND THE RAIN AND SOMETIMES IT RAINS MORE DAYS AT MY HOUSE THAN THE SUN SHINES WITH ALL THE PAIN AND I HAVE A LOT OF PITY PARTIES BUT I TRY NEVER EVER TO LET THE DEVIL TAKE OVER MORE THAN A FEW DAYS AT A TIME THEN I TELL HIM HE GOT TO GO . I AM SO GREATFULL HE HAS GIVE YOU PEACE AND GOOD FRIENDS, SORRY I HAVEN;T BEEN TOO GOOD OF ONE LATELY BUT I KNOW GOD IS TAKING CARE OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. IT IS SO GREAT TO HAVE A WONDERFUL GODLY HUSBAND.I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF GOD HADN'T GAVE ME ONE AND I KNOW YOU DAD WAS ONE TO YOUR MOM.I REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM .IT WAS JUST LIKE YESTERDAY. WE WERE ALL AT THE HOSPITAL WAITING FOR ANDRES TO BE BORN AND HE WAS SO PROUD WHEN PETE CAME OUT WE THE BIG BOY. WE HAVE SHARE SEEING YOUR CHILDERN BEING BORN ALL THREE!! WE HAVE SHARE SEEING YOUR AND PETE'S WALK WITH CHRIST GROW AND YOU SURVIVING TWO CANCERS SO I THINK GOD HAVE BEEN SO GOOD LETTING US BE A PART OF YOUR FAMILY'S LIFE. YOUR MOM IS A VERY STRONG WOMAN AND I CAN SEE HER SERVING GOD RIGHT ON BUT IT WILL BE HARD WITHOUT HER PARNTER BUT I KNOW GOD WILL PROVDE HER GRACE. LOVE IN CHRIST FMJ

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Glad you are feeling better. I have a lot to be thankful for but I will mention one I am thankful for YOU and what you mean to me! Have another great day. Love ya girl.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

You will always be in my prayers, Alisa. :0)

I'm glad it is a brighter day for you!

Have a blessed day!

Angela

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Thankfulness lets the SON shine in our lives! I'm glad you are having a blessed day! Love ya, Ms. Cynde

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU REMIND ME TO BE THANKFUL FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL THINGS IN MY LIFE THAT GOD HAS ALLOWED ME TO HAVE OR BE A PART OF OR TO EVEN SEE. I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE KNOW YOU , PETE AND THE FAMILY YOU GUYS ARE TRULLY A BLESSING TO US ALL. LOVE YA CHERYL