CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Not feeling so very brave...

Even though this weekend had a lot of peanut butter ice cream in it, it was still a little rough. I talked to the Lord a lot and I felt comforted for awhile and then I'd just let my mind go crazy for just a minute and then before you know it, I'm feeling sort of down. It takes focus. You absolutely have to keep your eyes on Him. I have to meditate on His words. I have to ask him to control my mind. If you even start the "what ifs" you can go crazy and then you are done for. I can come up with a whole bunch of "what ifs" and I bet you can too. But what does that get us? Nothing but a whole lot of misery. So don't even go there!

God is going to work this out for good like Romans 8:28-And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,to them who are the called according to his purpose.

You wouldn't believe all the nice birthday cards I got today and hugs and well wishes and presents and promises to pray and offers to help. My middle Schoolers had a little party set up for me in Sunday School with brownies and snacks. I've gotten many calls from my son's teacher, a friend from high school, an old college friend, my missionary friend in Canada,the President-elect (It must have been him-- "unidentified name, unidentified number".)

The real source of my waning bravery is this shoulder pain. I wasn't going to mention it to you, but it makes me worried. It COULD just be an injury from helping Pete move his 98 foot screen tv a few weeks back. It's pain in my neck and shoulder, but mainly like in my collar bone. It just aches and throbs a lot at night. Aleve doesn't help. Please pray about this. All my tests are Tuesday so surely something will show up and it will be something else and not what I fear. This week will be rough waiting for those results. It sounds odd, but pray that I have a shoulder injury!:) It's a good thing I've got cake.

Psalm 55:16,17 -As for me I will call upon God: and the Lord shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Psalm 56:3- What time I am afraid , I will trust in thee.

Thank you, Lord for your loving kindness, your listening ear, your words of comfort. For caring friends, funny cards, and peanut butter ice cream.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

From FMJ I had a feeling today was a rough day but God has told me in Second Timothy chapter one verse 7 ,he says For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and love , AND OF A SOUND MIND. Now you know we got to have a mind first which is sometimes hard trying to cope in everyday life but As the preacher said today get a verse and hold on to it and though every test and every fear I have used that verse. We are going to pray extra long and hard this week for good test reports for you. But WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND THE DEVIL is going to try to take control of your mind that is why we have to fight back with God's words.God know how much we love you as a friend and a person and how much more work you need to do with the middle schoolers at church and I know Tanner needs you so hang in. I so wish he could come in there now.I love you and will be praying and PLEASE CALL IF YOU NEED ME AND FRED WE ARE RETIRED YOU KNOW.HA you know the retiring is a joke with two grandbabies but we got spare time always for your family and you. Love FMJ

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your words. You truly inspire me!

Lori said...

I'm praying for you extra hard today. Can I take you to lunch sometime in the next week or so? I can meet you in Easley or Liberty...
Love you!
Lori

5 Boys And Me said...

Happy Birthday Alisa! I hope you have a great day and can put the other things out of your mind for today. Will be praying for good results from tomorrow as well!

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
I just found out about all of this yesterday and I realized that today was your birthday. Happy 40th. You are and have always been an amazing and strong person. I am praying for you and your family and will be happy to do anything that I can for you. I still have a flexible work schedule and with both kids in school, I really could do anything. I will try to call you this week. Hugs and prayers, Susan

Anonymous said...

HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A GOOD DAY. TRY NOT TO WORRY. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU EXTRA HARD TUE. LOVE YOU LOTS MRS. CLEAN

Anonymous said...

Let's try this again...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...Enjoy your day
Welcome to the "Big 4-0" Club

Praying for you!!!

Love ya,
Paula

Anonymous said...

My precious child,Thanks for encouraging us when we should be encouraging you. I am learning what it means to pray without ceasing. I ask the Lord to be near you, filling you with His presence; I ask Him to sustain you,giving you hope and peace...and I ask Him to show you how very special you are to us and to His plan, purpose and heart. Mom

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday today! You look every bit of 25 so I wont tell if you don't. lol! I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and I know God is going to bring you through this! You have already inspired me and helped me and I hope I can help you! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you or your family. Your words are a true blessing to me and I truly want to thank you!

S Donald

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday From the Stephens GANG!!! WE LOVE YOU GIRL!! We are praying for you and praying for the best results ever tomorrow. If you need anything please let us know. I will be checking on you tomorrow to make sure you okay. You are such an incredible person, an inspiration beyond belief. The Lord said he will never leave us nor forsake us. Hope you had a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!
Lots of Love NIK

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just thinking of you! Praying for you and hope everything runs smooth tomorrow for you. Don't forget a Diet Dr. Pepper to chase down your water.(Ha) and on your way back pick up that large combo at Chickfila and large milkshake for me!

Anonymous said...

Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds the future and I know who holds our hand.Anyone who had the nerve to repel down the side of a sheer cliff on a rope just for the fun of it assures me that you can face whatever lies ahead with faith and courage. Go baby girl! Pop