Today was one of those days like I was telling you about. I've been either on the verge of tears or in tears most of the day. I am so upset that my dad is not doing better. He is on a mega dose of antibiotic, but still just hasn't bounced back like he should have. He has not been to work and still has that cough and mom has been at home all week I'm sure just wringing her hands. They are putting on a good front for me when I call. I can almost imagine my mom being like "uh-oh, it's her. Wake up, perk up, act cool and don't cough." He has his follow-up appointment tomorrow and I hope they do a chest xray to be sure the pneumonia is gone. They assure me they are coming and I really want them to be here, -you know "I want my mama!" and all, but how in the world is he going to travel all the way up here for one thing and how miserable is going to be here at my house not feeling worth a darn? Who wants to recover in someone else's Lazy Boy? On the other hand, how can they stay at home when their favorite baby girl is having surgery??? I am just seriously stressed out about this and I know they are too. I just hope that God will heal him super-quick OR help us all just deal with the realization that the best place for them is at home and that I will be alright here with all of you to look after me. Please pray with me about this! I have not been able to get much done at all today other than spend a bunch of money at Target.
And if that isn't enough the Dr. called to say my test showed up positive for a urinary track infection which I didn't even know I had AND ladies guess what else? Can you believe it? It's like my body is laughing at me saying "Oh, just one more time, just for kicks!" I really am sorry to be venting like this, but that is what this blogging stuff is for, right. To keep my girlfriends abreast of my situation and therapy for me. And above all, to give God the glory through my madness, my sadness and a good dose of humor. Just think how much fun I am going to be next week when I get slammed into menopause overnight. Okay, now who wants to be my friend??? Anyone, anyone?
On the other hand, it was great to laugh a bunch with my girlfriends from church at the "Revealing of the Secret Sisters" dinner tonight. Good food, funny stories and plenty of laughs and not one pitiful look. "The bad table" was a BLAST!! I didn't even have to share my food either.
Dear Lord your word says in Isaiah 40:29 that you give power to the faint and to them that have no might you increase strength. I have no might today and my pop needs your strength.
Thank you for Anna and Suzie and baked lasagna. Please take care of my neglected friend.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It really sounds like you had one of them days that it don't pay to get out of bed. We will really be praying for dad but we will be there if they can't. I know nothing takes the place of a mother but I am 18 years older than you so I can try. I will be glad to stay with you at the hospital some and I know Judy Frazier will because she said today she would do anything we needed her to. But we will just pray for Dad this week.Love FMJ
Alisa,
Hang in there! I'm praying for you. God will work everything out. I'm here for whatever you need. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me. Praying that your dad gets a good report today. Our God is a Mighty God and can do all things.
Love you,
Sandy H.
Post a Comment