CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clean as a whistle

Well, for those of you who have never had a colonoscopy, I must say the procedure itself was a breeze. Getting ready for the procedure, however, is much more like a bad storm. UGH!!!! Tonight I feel like one of those poor puffed up frogs we used to find in our pool. I'm just glad that's all behind me now. (No pun intended, of course)
I saw Dr. Ellison yesterday and he filled me in on the details of the hysterectomy. He said I'll have plenty of pain meds and should be able to go home by Friday. He'll go in at my old c-section scar where my 10 pound baby came out. I really don't understand why they can't just cut that whole fat stomach area out, pull it down real tight and sew it up. Like ta-dah! That's okay, I'm sure my enlarged uterus is going to weigh at least ten pounds! Then I saw Dr. Young and he went over the procedure for the bilateral mastectomy. I'll have drain tubes for several days after I come home and they'll show "The Knight" how to do all that for me. He really should have been a doctor, you know. Then out of the blue, almost as we were headed out the door for a "lunch date", he says he really thinks I should have a colonoscopy tomorrow (today). I was so mad. It's one thing to know in advance you're getting ready to have to starve to death and camp out on the toilet, but to be sent home with a grocery list of Dulcolax and Miralax and no lunch, that was upsetting. At that moment I knew I should have had that pizza for breakfast.

So today I had pre-op where I answered 50 million questions, had an EKG, urine sample, blood drawn, gave my insurance info, met with the anesthesiologist and made a payment. Then over to the hospital for more questions, another payment and the OTHER procedure. Came home and slept and went to Ruby Tuesdays to EAT!!!!! Yippee! Many thanks to Julia for driving me, holding my purse and watching the kids while I slept it off. Also, thanks to Mrs.Cynde for taking the Little Man to school early with her. Thanks to Amy and the "two babies" for corralling him for me yesterday. I am so blessed to have such caring people in my life!

So, six days and counting. Who knows what'll pop up in these next few days. Just so you know, I didn't get to have MY pedicure today, but the dog's getting groomed tomorrow. Life is just not fair!

Out of this yucky day a neat thing happened I want to share. Out of all the hospital visits and good doctors I've had over the years, Dr. Young is the first doctor I remember praying with me. He said, "Before I begin I'd like to pray." I said, "Oh please do!" He put his hand on my head and kind of rubbed my hair as he prayed and it was so nice. That room had just been hopping. I was tense. Everyone trying to get their gloves on and the iv going and get into their place, but then when he prayed it was just like everything just calmed down. It was so nice to know my physician knew MY PHYSICIAN. He calms every storm. I wish He would calm my roaring belly.

Goodnight dear friends. I wish you all a happy colon. And remember. Always eat a good breakfast before any and all doctor's visits. You never know what tomorrow may hose. I mean hold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear dear friend,I was so honor to be your friend and do something for you. Today was a blessing to me to see how blessed you are with such a wonderful husband,{BUT I HAVE ONE TOO} and three beautiful childern.They were so good while you slept I went up stairs and had two are three visits with the girls and they were so sweet. Allison would keep checking on the little one while he slept and little Zoe said I will do my homework so God gave me blessing today that I really needed just seeing what you have to fight this cancer with, a wonderful family.Love You FMJ

Anonymous said...

ALISA
I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR BLOG EVERY DAY IT MAKE'S ME SMILE AND LAUGH AND THINK OF HOW BLESSED WE ARE THAT YOU CAME INTO OUR LIVES. WE LOVE YOU. WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH REMINDS ME TO PRAY EVERYDAY WHICH I AM SLACK IN THAT AREA SO YOU PRAY THAT I PRAY AND READ MY BIBLE EVERYDAY. BECAUSE OF YOU I AM CLOSER TO THE LORD. LOVE MRS. CLEAN

Anonymous said...

You are truly amazing to keep such a keen since of humor. I've told many friends who will pray with me for you and your family. Mainly, I tell them what a blessing they will get just reading your blog! Keep your eye on the prize! May our Great Physician get all the glory! Love and prayers, Ms. Cynde