CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Charter Communications is not my friend

Hello everyone,

I have missed writing this week because the cable company is updating the system in our area. It's been miserable not getting to write to you. I had gotten into a habit of writing at night when the kids were asleep as a way of getting some thoughts off my mind before bed. I may have to make two entries per day to catch up!

Some of you have been asking about bringing us food and my friend Julia has offered to be my "Casserole coordinator"! Her e-mail is wmcwhorter6729@charter.net

Everything is going well so far. I go to see both Dr. Young and Dr. Ellison on Monday so I should be fully informed after those visits. Tuesday I have pre-op and then a week later I'll be under the knife, but securely under God's sheltering wing.

The kids are all fine and I expect they will handle this all very well. My oldest "Ga-ga 1" is, of course, the most perceptive and senses the seriousness of what is going on. I believe she will thrive from the challenge and be a huge help. The little man will be fine as long as someone will "heed books". I am a bit concerned about "Ga-ga 2" She needs the most attention and may have a harder time. She has a way of getting that attention through the strong bonds she has formed with other. She adores her Nana and MiMi and will most likely insist on plenty of lap time while they are here. She so loves her teachers and some of the teens in our church take up time with her also. And of course there's Carl. A five-year-old in a tall, skinny man's body whom I believe she would choose over her mom and dad any day of the week. I am so thankful for the way my friends and church family have always loved and cared for my children. We feel so blessed to have so many Godly role models for them to look up to.

And then there's my "knight". He seems to be holding up well, but I can't help but wonder. He's always been pretty quiet and serious-my polar opposite, of course! Please pray for him.

The time is flying by. I have lots of little things to get done before surgery, so I haven't had too much time to feel sorry for myself. Just when I start to feel a little sad about the mastectomy, God sends me a verse.
Colossians 2:10-And ye are complete in him...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing. No wonder God is allowing you to have cancer because of your tremendous influence. So many of us have already been touched because of God's hand in your life. I love you. I pray for you many times daily. Thanks for the blog!

Sandy R.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you seem to be OK. I would love to take Ga Ga2 for a special day if you think she would
like to go. I would of course take the little Mr. and Ga Ga 1 also. Please let me know if I can help you get ready in any way. You know how I like to clean.
Take care, Love ya
Pat

Anonymous said...

You will never know how you have touched me with the words that you write. If you need me for anything I am here, we would love for the kids to come and play with Malachi. You are in my prayers daily.

In His Love,

Melissa A.

Anonymous said...

I would also love to have #2 anytime-especially on weekends. She is very special to her Sunday School teacher.

We will help you anyway we can with all of your children-please feel free to call on me for anything-I mean that!!!
I am praying daily for you-
Love Tamara