Friday, March 6, 2009
My dad passed away yesterday around 2:30pm. Although we did not make it here in time to be with him, I was able to speak to him on the phone. He told me he loved me but that it was time. I don't understand this, mainly the timing of it all, but I am still confident that God is in control, He loves us , and He is good. I want to thank all of you for your prayers that dad would be healed and I ask you now to pray for strength for my family. Love you all so much....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Oh Alisa! I am so sorry. My heart is hurting for you!! I am praying God's peace for you and your family. Love, Karen Rampey
HE IS WELL NOW BUT I HATE THAT YOU DID NOT MAKE IT IN TIME. JUST REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THAT YOU SAW HIM, HOW HE LOOKED, THE FUN YOU HAD. I AM SO SORRY. LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS, SUSAN ROWLAND
Alisa,
I'm so sorry for you. My heart goes out to you and your family. I am praying for peace and comfort during this time. I wish I was there to give you a BIG HUG. God is with you.
Love ya,
Patsy
Alisa,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know right now you are thing why! That's okay. God has a reason for everything, to me losing a parent is very hard especially our dad (daddy's little girls I guess). You can remeber your dad the way he was and not how he looks or felt while he was sick. That is in all of Gods Plan. You are such an inspiration to each and everyone of us. This is going to be a tearful battle to get through, but you can do it. I have prayed that God would just reach down and give you a GREAT BIG HUG FROM ME AND KENNETH. He haS the shoulder for us to lean on at all time, if we will just use it and in the last 3.5mth I have surely been using it more and more each day. I think about the little things in life that don't really matter and try to focus on what God has planned for us. I just want him to us me for his Glory. This part of the journey through life I wish we didn't have to face. Knowing going through losing my father, what emotions you go trough is tough, but God will never leave you nor forsake you. And his grace is much more than I ever deserve. I think the Lord that I am saved and have a promised home in Heaven and can see my heavenly father and my earthly father one day. WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!!!! I love you and your family...U are the sweetest person ever!!
I love you
The Stephens
I am so sorry to hear this! I am praying that God will give you and your family the strength through all of this and the peace of knowing that your pop is rejoicing on high!
love you,
S. Donald
Hi Alisa,
Sorry to hear about your Father. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. If there's anything that you need, please don't hesitate to call me at home or work.
Could you please let me know what Funeral Home and your Father's name?
Love you!
Alisa,
I am so saddened by this news. I can remember your dad and he was as fine as they come. I know that his Spirit will live on in the wonderful memories that you have. Please give my love and sympathy to your mom and brother too. I am praying for you all. Love, Susan Farish
Alisa - This is so hard to understand - why? why now? But I know you know God has a plan and though we don't know what it is right now, we will one day. My heart breaks for you, for your Mom, for Mike and his family. I hope that you are all able to find some peace in these coming days, months, and years as you struggle to come to terms with the loss of your Dad. I know your Dad is at peace in Heaven looking down on you and your entire family. I love you so much and you are in my thoughts and prayers every second of the day.
My heart is breaking for you all. When I got home yesterday, I had the message on the answering machine from Julia that your dad had taken a turn for the worse and then it wasn't long until Cameron got the text from Nikki that he had passed away. I was so hoping that you would make it down there to see him but I am glad you were able to talk with him and just as someone said earlier - maybe God wanted you and the children to remember him the way he was the last time you saw him. Doesn't this make Heaven even sweeter? I will be praying for all of you. I know right now it seems like you can't go on but you will make it through.
Love,
Kathy
Alisa,
We're so sorry to hear about your dad passing away. You know he's out of pain and in a wonderful place! I pray God reaches down, wraps his arms around you and comforts you during this hard time! I'm so sorry about the timing, I can't imagine how terribly hard that has to be. We are praying for all of you and will continue to do so. We love you, Roland, Linda & the girls
Alisa,
I am so sorry for your loss.Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. God will give you the Grace that you need to get through this.Just imagine how happy your dad is now.
We love you all.
The Aiken's
I am so sorry for your loss. My mom died Feb. 22nd. I know I didn't tell you, but I thought there was enough on your plate. There is no way to describe the hole left when you lose a parent. Your parents are the story tellers of your life. They were the first lips to kiss your face and the first heart to hold your love. I hope you will find peace in knowing that your dad lived a good life. He certainly raised an amazing daughter in you. You are so inspirational with your love for God and your family, as was your dad. He will most certainly be your guardian angel. When you have served your full life here on earth and touched as many souls as your dad you two will be together again in heaven.
Your whole family is in our heart, prayers and thoughts.
Renee and Dave McDonald
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
We love you all.
The Pattens
Alisa,
I am so sorry about your dad. You know how much he loved you. I know it's hard now, but knowing he is well and at peace must give you comfort.
You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts.
Love,
Trina
Alisa,
My heart hurts for you. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you!
The Burketts
Alisa I am here for you! I want to be as good of a freind to you as you would be for me, so let me help! I have been thinking about You,Pete & the kids-know that we will do what we can to help when you get home! I love You and will be praying for all of you.
Love Marylens
Alisa, I am praying that Jesus will wrap is loving arms around each of you and that you will have a peace that surpasses ALL understanding during these difficult days. We all want to ask "Why?" at this time in your life but we have to trust that God see's the Big picture ( and I guess your Dad see's the big picture too! Amen!). Love and lots of prayers...Ms. Cynde
Alisa, we're all so sorry for your loss. But God's grace is sufficient. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We love you and send you great big hugs.
Kelli Leigh & Austin
Alisa, We were so sorry to hear about your dad and that you didn't get there in time, but we're so glad that you were able to talk with him and know that he is in a wonderful place. You and your family are in our prayers for strength and peace to help you through this.
Love you, Claudia, Brian & Lexi
I am praying for the comfort of Christ to be with you.
I know that when we think we are in a valley sometimes we realise we are actually coming to a mountain top.
The Lord has just touched you in such a special way with the timing. I pray He reveals its purpose to you ASAP.
+
Love in HIM,
Faith
Post a Comment