CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

You could say I'm bragging

God is great! Do you know that? I was looking in my Bible for something else and got stopped on Mark chapter 5 because the word "swine" caught my eye. Then I read verse 19 where Jesus heals the wild man possessed by demons, sends the demons to possess the swine and then tells him to "Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee." Do you think his friends thought he was bragging? I wonder if they got tired of hearing about it? Don't you bet they'd see him coming and be like "Oh shoot. Here comes "Wild Bill" and he's gonna tell us for the one millionth time about how he met that man Jesus." And one would say, "Everybody already knows that he was crazy and possessed and that for years nobody could even go near him." And the other guys would say, "Yeah, I remember passing out that way when I was a kid and seeing him out there by the tombs screaming and crying and cutting himself all to pieces. Creeped me out." And the first guy would say,"Now he's just a regular dude. Annoying as heck, though, always bragging about what great things the Lord has done. Old news. Can't he just talk about regular stuff?"
I just had to laugh as I imagined what they may have said about him. The devil's been on me lately about this very same thing. He says,"People are sick of hearing you brag. Can't you just talk about other stuff. Do you think you are special or something?"
Well, I am ready to respond to that...Yes, I am special. I prayed to be something special. The Lord has done a miracle in my life. He has given me life when I could have gotten death. I could have gotten months and months of treatments and side effects and weakness and depression. Instead I am feeling great and getting back to normal after only 3 months. God has a reason for all of this. I want to be smack dab in the middle of his will here. I can't just accept the miracle quietly and fade back into my street clothes. I gotta put on my walking shoes and walk it. I gotta get out my megaphone and tell it. I am bragging as loud as I can shout that God did this. God is the one who gets the glory. God has the power to do some pretty powerful stuff. He's just looking for a few good people willing to be used and even though I had only a sad resume and a pitiful list of references, He chose me. Not too many applied for this valley. He chose this valley, He chose me to walk it and then He carried me through it every step of the way. So sorry if I annoy you, but please step back. I've got work to do. We'd be happy for you to join us.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Well, preach it, Sister!!! I love hearing you brag! God is using you in an awesome way!!! You can keep on telling it! We are listening! You are glorifying God with your testimony! He is well pleased with you!!

Anonymous said...

Bragging...the thought never occurred to me. I read your blogs every time you post a new one because they help me with my faith, my hope, and encourage me every day to get through whatever the next day's challenge may be. Alisa, you keep us all going, so please...keep the blog (and the bragging) going!!!! All we can say is thank you becuase I don't think you have any idea how much you have really helped others!!

Claudia

Anonymous said...

You preached Preacher Eddie's message from last night before he did! When I first started reading your blog, I thought you were going to connect it to his message but then I looked at the time it was posted and it was in the afternoon! God was giving you a preview. Have a great day and may you continue to be blessed and share your blessings. Speaking of blessings - Ronnie went to the doctor for his quarterly check-up on Monday and got good news. No sign of cancer! His vocal chords are still swollen and the doctor isn't sure if they will return to normal but we can keep praying.
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I bet last night when Eddie said "turn to Mark Chapter 9" you were like, "Wait a minute, you're good God!".

I don't think you are a bragger at all but I do think you are a listening to God and following his will. He is wanting you to tell your story and that is what you are doing, fullfilling his will. Good for you! What a blessing!

Shannon D.

Tina Chapman said...

Just wanted you to know that Reading your blog is the highlight of my day. Sometimes I go to your blog and you haven't posted in a day or so and I can't wait until you put up a new one. We often talk about anything and everything except How Good God has been to us. Keep up your straight talk about God's goodness, I Love It and I Love You TOO!
Tina C.