CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My life in print!


I've been published! My dear friend Linda took a whole lot of time, a whole ream of paper, and probably two ink cartidges and printed out my blog! She gave it to me at church and I could have cried. It is just beautiful the way she put it together in a notebook with all the pictures arranged on the front. Since I've written over 100 posts I was thinking about having someone professionally design a new background for my blog, but I thought something could happen and everything could get erased. I'd be heart broken. And now my mom's friend who doesn't have a computer can read it. THANK YOU Mrs. Linda for creating a lovely keepsake.


I started this blog on the advice of a friend but I didn't keep it up because I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT. Ha! Can you believe that? Now I find myself thinking 20 times a day "I gotta write that on my blog." It has been a great way for me to express my feelings and deal with all the emotions I have been through over the last few months. It really is therapeutic for me to write. I love writing about the kids too and the funny things they say and do. I love to laugh and make other people laugh. I've shed many tears as I'm writing and I've heard you say I've even made you cry a time or two. It was really a good way for me to keep everyone informed about what was going on because I knew you wanted to know, but didn't want to call. When I log on and see that I have comments my heart literally jumps in anticipation. I have gotten to know many of you more through the comments you've written. Thank you for taking the time to do that. I still go back and reread all the comments from when I was in the hospital. You'll never know what that meant to me then and still does today.


The ladies' banquet at church last night was so fun. I am glad my table was full of my girlfriends from Edwards Middle School. It was an honor to have been asked to speak and I am thankful that the Lord helped me through it. I am more amazed everyday at my great God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO IT TIME TO CHANGE THE LOOK OF YOUR BLOG. NOT A BAD IDEA AS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT ALL THE BLOGS FROM KELLY'S I HAVE HAVE SAW SO REAL GOODS AND NOT SO GOOD BUT I HOPE YOU DON'T CHANGE THE NAME. AND DON'T STOP WRITING IT IS MY MIDNIGHT BLESSING EVERY NIGHT. LAST NIGHT WAS GREAT AND THE SOUND WASN'T YOUR PROBLEM THEY SAID NIGHT BEFORE IT WAS READY TO GO. I REALLY ENJOYED IT YOUR ARE ALWAYS A BLESSING IN TELLING WHAT GOD HAS DONE FOR YOU. LOVE IN CHRIST FMJ

Anna said...

Alisa,
After hearing you speak Tuesday night, I know that God is definitely using your cancer for His glory.
You are truly an amazing woman! (The kids and the Knight are not so bad, either!)
I love you for who you are, what you believe in, and for speaking openly about the challenges and struggles in your life. The love and concern you show for others is unbelievable. When you lost your dad, you called me from Jacksonville to check on my daddy. The fact that you were thinking of us when your life was in turmoil - WOW! What an inspiration you are.
My prayer is that I will be more like you.
Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

YOUR TESTIMONY IS GREAT YOU MADE US CRY AND YOU MADE US LAUGH. YOU TRULLY ARE A WARRIOR FOR CHRIST. HE REALLY LOVES YOU HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO GIVE YOU WHAT YOU NEED AND WHAT WE NEED TO HEAR ALSO. I WISH I WERE MORE CHRISTLIKE LIKE YOU ARE. YOU ARE A GREAT BLESSING AND I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU TALKED ABOUT GETTING AWAY FROM GOD IN COLLAGE AND HOW YOU TURNED YOUR LIFE BACK AROUND (I HOPE IT SUNK IN TO A PERSON AT MY TABLE).I HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY. LOVE YA MRS.CLEAN