CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Some random things, some prayer requests, a Bible verse and one funny kid story-

We started scripture memory with our middle school class at church and they are doing pretty well. I've been thinking about the verse we are going to learn this week- Matthew 22:27-28 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. I wonder about that-heart, soul, mind? I want to know exactly what that means because I really want to do it, don't you?

The Little Man had his last day of school Tuesday. He had a wonderful year in two -year-old preschool. We had to stop by the grocery on the way home and he was so tired. He really wanted to hurry home and play in his new sandbox. I heard him cussing under his breath out of frustration. This is what he said. "Poopyhead. Shut up. Spank you on the BUTT. Stupid." All the "ugwee" words he could think of all streamed together. So funny! I'm thinking the next time someone cuts me off in traffic I may stick my head out the window and yell "Hey Poopyhead! Shut Up! I'm gonna spank you on the butt, stupid!"

This is the sixth week of my "Movin' on" oncology rehab exercise program. I have still only lost 2 pounds ( my goal was 20!) but I am getting stronger, building muscle, and hopefully encouraging others.

Many of you have asked about my mom. She is in Arkansas visiting family and enjoying being there. She is doing really well though I think overall. She said it was sad being with Dad's family on Memorial Day-she really missed him not being there. Plus Uncle Arley looks a lot like my dad and I know that makes it hard. I am so thankful for my family there in Arkansas. Pray for her, please.

Please take a minute to pray for LS. She had a miscarriage yesterday and is just heartbroken, of course.

School is winding down for the girls. They have both had good teachers and good experiences in school this year and I am thankful for that. Zoey said she gave her phone number to a boy because he wants to invite her over to his water slide. Wonder what water slide is code for? The Knight made a huge deal teasing her about it. He said, "Wait a minute. You mean you gave him MY phone number!! Some boy better not call here!" She got a kick out of that!

The healthy eating is going pretty well. The kids are doing really well with fruit and eating healthier snacks. Zoey found out she liked salmon and everyone is complaining less. Allison is all into recycling since she studied about it in science. Now we are knee-deep in newspapers and plastic jugs and every time I almost trip over it in the garage I think to myself, "Poopyhead!"

I want to thank you for being my friend, for encouraging me, for sharing in my journey, for loving my children, and for making me laugh. I feel so blessed to have such awesome friends. I truly hope you know my best friend-Jesus. If not, I'd love to introduce you.

Have a GREAT day!

Got any random thoughts to share?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE LIFE IS RIGHT ON TRACT WITH YOU I THINK YOU GOT IT GOING ON SISTER. LITTLE MAN MAY HAVE BEEN LEANING MORE AT SCHOOL THAN YOU THOUGHT.HA KENSLEE TOLD BOP THE OTHER DAY A LITTLE GIRL PUSHED HER DOWN AND SHE POOPED IN HER FACE. KIDS SAYS THE FUNNEST THINGS. TANNER IS NOW IN THE G & T CLASS FOR THE FIRTH GRADE SURE HOPE HE GETS IT BUT WE GOT ANOTHER STRAIGHT A YEAR WE ARE SO PROUD OF HIM.JUST A HUMBLE AND LOVING CHILD. GOD SO BLESSED HIM.FRED AND TONY ARE TAKING HIM TO A ALTANTA BRAVES GAME JUNE THE 11TH FOR HIS GOOD WORK THIS YEAR. BUT HE HAS A WORK TO DO WITH KENSLEE.THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE GIFT I WILL BE USING IT SATURDAY SISTER SANDY IS ON HER WAY HOME FROM TEXAS SO THAT MEANS LOTS OF FOOD. I WILL BE GONE THIS WEEKEND LEAVING FRED HOME AND GOING TO NC FOR THE WEEKEND.SO THANKFUL FOR A GREAT FAMILY GOD HAS PROVIDED ME WITH.LOVE IN CHRIST FMJ

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! You encourage me more than you know. My random thoughts would take awhile. I'm just so glad I have the Lord Jesus with me. I'm thankful that he loves me and is there for me and most of all saving me. I don't deserve nothing he has given to me but I'm sure glad he is faithful and thankful for his mercy and grace he gives me everday. You are special to me and your family is too. Thank you for all the things ya'll have done for my family too. Hope you have a wonderful day and hopefully we can get together soon. Love ya and here for you.
Sandy H.

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
Don't give up on the weight loss, it is so hard. When I lost weight 2 years ago, I told myself I would not gain it back. That is easier said than done. I get upset about something and food always makes it better. I am so ready for the school year to be over. It has been a good school year, but I am looking forward to the summer and what it may hold. I guess knowing that Tina them are coming home for the whole month of August and spending time with them. With them being away the last year and half has made me realize how important it is to spend time with family while you have them around.I feel like I did not thank you enough for helping me with the party last week. It is great knowing that we have great friends like you all. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I got this email today and it really hit home. I thought I would share it with you on your "Random Thoughts Thursday".

The Ant and the Contact lens: A TRUE STORY

Brenda was almost halfway to the top of the tremendous granite cliff. She was standing on a ledge where she was taking a breather during this, her first rock climb. As she rested there, the safety rope snapped against her eye and knocked out her contact lens.

'Great', she thought. 'Here I am on a rock ledge, hundreds of feet from the bottom and hundreds of feet to the top of this cliff, and now my sight is blurry.' She looked and looked, hoping that somehow it had landed on the ledge. But it just wasn't there.

She felt the panic rising in her, so she began praying. She prayed for calm, and she prayed that she may find her contact lens. When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the lens, but it was not to be found. Although she was calm now that she was at the top, she was saddened because she could not clearly see across the range of mountains. She thought of the bible verse 'The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth.'

She thought, 'Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help me.'

Later, when they had hiked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff they met another party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff. One of them shouted out, 'Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?'

Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving slowly across a twig on the face of the rock, carrying it!



The story doesn't end there. Brenda's father is a cartoonist. When she told him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew a cartoon of an ant lugging that contact lens with the caption, 'Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this thing. I can't eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what You want me to do, I'll carry it for You.'

I think it would do all of us some good to say, 'God, I don't know why You want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if You want me to carry it, I will.'

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him....I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. (Phil. 4:13)

Love you girl!

Shannon D.

Karen said...

I need to start writing Random Thoughts on my blog....

I love what Little Man said - so cute!!

Sounds like you are doing good and ready for summer. Let's get together with the kids soon.

Love, Karen