CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Sometimes there are just random things I want to tell you so I'll just post what's on my mind tonight.

I was in shock that Preacher Eddie's sermon last night was on those exact verses from Mark 5 that I wrote about yesterday. His was a great message!

Woody is going to visit Zoey's Kindergarten class tomorrow for Pet Day. She is so excited and I am sort of nervous. What if he breaks loose and runs rampant through the school and knocks the lunch lady down? He had a bath tonight and he smells great. Let's just hope he doesn't drink from the toilet between now and then.

Relay for Life is Friday night at 7pm Easley High School Stadium. I'll be there walking proudly in the "Survivor's Walk". Come join us for a little while.

I love it when you write comments. Please do it more often. My heart leaps when I see "comments to be moderated". I love to moderate your comments. Moderating comments is my hobby. Won't you give me a comment so I can moderate it.

I got your t-shirt orders and hope to have them all by Saturday. I'll get them to you ASAP. Thanks for ordering.

My brother isn't calling me back. Called him last week and he was fishing off Captiva Island. Called him today and he was at TPCSawgrass. What's up with that?

It's okay if you read my blog. Feel free to share it with anyone. Sometimes I see people and they act funny, like they don't want me to know they read it. Yes, I know sometimes it may get too personal and sometimes my grief may be too heavy. The purpose of this blog is #1 to give God glory for what He has done in my life, #2 to help others who may be going through a difficult time, and #3 because writing helps me cope.

Any ideas about what I can do with all the great cards I have gotten? I'd like to make a keepsake book or something.

If you've ever stayed in the nursery with Little Man at church...I love you and thank you. I'm really mean as a snake and I need to hear the sermon.

I'm thinking my next post is going to be about Tim Tebow. Awesome guy.

My muscles are so sore but I LOVE the oncology rehab program. I always knew I'd end up in rehab...

I hope I have some good video footage of dad. One of these days I going to go through it all and see what I've got. If your parents are still living you should make lots of videos. Maybe interview them about their life.

Tina said the ladies' banquet in Canada went well. Big crowd.

So far my kids have tried and don't care for-salad, avocado, asparagus, broccoli, sweet potato, zucchini, cole slaw(LM loves slaw). They prefer mac and cheese. That is a vegetable here in the south, right.

The Knight wants a boat. I feel so sorry for him.

If I could change one thing about what has happened to me-I wouldn't change a thing. (Except of course Dad would be alive and well.) God has made this trial a blessing. You guys have been a blessing.

Well, that's all I've got. Got any random thoughts to share?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog from a friend and have been so blessed by it - I also have a dad who has been sick and have been dealing with some of the emotions that you have had now and in the past. I can only say THANK You for your honesty and your faith...You are a wonderful writer and people can surely relate to your feelings and prayers. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

I like random thoughts,and I have them often, like:

Why did I put Mark chapter 9 on your blog instead of chapter 5? Who knows....

I keep thinking why does God want to use me? I am nothing special, and to tell you the truth, I don't know the bible like I should. I have always been one of those people who has to listen real carefully and ponder on things for a while before it really sinks in. Does God want to use someone like that? Jason is so positive all the time and when I am stressed he's the one that always says " Have you tried praying about it?" I think that's his way of shutting me up and it does, bc then I feel bad and have to pray about it.

Why does Boston Creme pie yogurt not taste like Boston Crem pie? Why does it not have Chocolate pie filling in it or pie crust??

Why do kids get so much energy when their tired? Why can't we do that, it would make more sense??

I read on an email oneday and it has stuck so I'll share, it said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? I thought those were all stress releases! Those people...

I love random thoughts! Thanks for the post. Have a nice Mothers day weekend!

Shannon D.

Karen said...

Alisa,
Here are some random comments from me!
I forgot to tell you I wanted a t-shirt!!! Is there any way to still get one? I need a 3xl.
I love reading your blog. I don't always comment, but I will try to do better! You inspire me!
You are right about not changing anything - God has brought you through all of this to use you to glorify Him! You are doing a great job!!
That's great about Woody going to school! I am sure he will be on his best behavior.
I still want to go to breakfast. What is your schedule? Is it better for you to go when Little Man is at school? We could go on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday and take Little Man and Caroline. I am open for anything.
My children will not eat vegetables either.
Have a blessed weekend!!

Anonymous said...

MY THOUGHTS SOMETIMES REALLY MAKE ME WONDER WHY GOD WOULD SAVE A NO GOOD SINNER LIKE ME BUT I SURE AM GLAD HE DID. MY MEGGAGE FROM EDDIE THIS WEEK WAS ALSO ABOUT THE SWINE BUT BEING BOUND DOWN WITH PAIN. ARE I THINK THAT WAS THE ONE BUT I REALLY DO LET MY PAIN TAKE OVER MY MIND AND MY LIFE. BECAUSE I THINK THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A END TO IT. I KNOW GOD SAYS WE WILL SUFFER DOWN HERE BUT MAYBE KENSLEE KNOW MORE THAN ME I MAY BE GOING TO A PLACE THEY WILL BE NO PAIN SOONER THAN A THINK. SHE TOLD ME TODAY SHE DIDN'T WANT ME TO GO YET.IF IT WASN'T FOR MY WONDERFUL PERSIOUS GRANDCHIDERN I WOULD REALLY WANT TO GO ON HOME TO A PLACE OF NO PAIN. i WANTED TO COME TO RELAY TONIGHT BUT JUST IN TO MUCH PAIN. BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT. I MADE MY ON BIRTHDAY CAKE TODAY.ha!!!BIRTHDAY ARE JUST ANOTHER YEAR TO THANK GOD FOR LETTING YOU SEE YOUR KIDS OR GRANDKIDS GROW INTO WONDERFUL PEOPLE A SEE WHO GOD WILL SAVE NEXT. GOD IS GREAT AND I LOVE HIM SO THAT I CAN JUST GET UP OUT OF BED AND TRY TO WALK. AND YES I PERSONLLY LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOUR WRITING SO DON'T STOP I SEE LOTS IN FUTURE FOR YOUR FAMILY AND WE ALL WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN. LOVE TO MY FRIRND FMJ

Anonymous said...

I love random thoughts and sometimes i have so many and Joey don't want to listen to them.Your blog has inspired me so much.I hope you have a blessed mother's day.

Love ya girl,

Melissa A.

Anonymous said...

I have too many random thoughts and no one to listen. I could go on and on forever but if i did i am sure you and everyone else would know i am just crazy. I do pray a lot and God understands my thoughts -i hope- b/c he listens. Now you know another reason why chad is excited to be finishing college-to listen to my random thoughts. You should really write a book. Tamara

Karen said...

Hey...do you scrapbook? You could do a scrapbook with all of your cards. That would be cool. Just thinking...