CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Who IS that?

You know how you listen to yourself on the answering machine and hardly recognize your voice? I am always amazed when I hear the message on my cell phone too. I think to myself "Do I really sound like that?" I sound so country when I hear it. Well, for me, it's the same way with pictures of myself. I am usually the one behind the camera so luckily I have few pictures of myself to critique. This picture of me and my mom had me asking the Knight "Do I really look like that?"

For whatever reason I've always been insane about pictures of anybody. I will study the background, the hair, the outfit, etc. Marty, my college room mate, is the same way. We both LOVE to get Christmas cards from friends with pictures on them so that we can "study" them. My hair went crazy curly after my hysterectomy (or maybe I was in denial all these years), so I am still getting adjusted to this new hairstyle. But I just don't think this picture looks like me. What do YOU think? Was it just a strange camera angle? Am I just disgusted by the double chin? Am I terribly vain for even posting about this? I am not seeking compliments here people, I just want to know if you think this picture looks like ME? I would print a copy to frame, but I'd always be thinking to myself "Who is that woman with my mom?"

3 comments:

5 Boys And Me said...

First of all, I love the curly hair - I think it's adorable on you. But totally truthfully, I think this doesn't look like you b/c you're holding your head funny - you do not have a double chin, it is the way you are holding your head - it's not your natural head hold. That's my two cents! Your mom looks great in that picture too - you should still frame it - you look cute, it's just not your natural head-hold. BTW if you don't recognize your voice on your answering machine you should try a little INXS instead:)

Anonymous said...

You remind me so much of myself sometimes!!!! I do the exact same thing! I LOVE looking at pictures and I scope out everything in them!!! When I get photo cards or pictures I will probably go back 5 times and look at them and everytime find something new in them that I didn't notice the first time, lol. I HATE pictures of myself!!! HATE, HATE, HATE! I usually crop myself out of them or delete it off my camera or make the person taking it delete it bc usually I think it's awful. I normally have red eyes (I guess it's the demons in me coming out,lol) and just look goofy!

I think that picture does look like you but it doesn't do you justice! You are a very attractive lady with lots of class! And I have often thought that you have such a great speaking voice! Very calm and easy to listen to! :>)

Love you!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I love your curly hair. I do not think the picture does you or your mom justice. You are both beautiful ladies inside and out. love ya
pat