For the first time in a long time, I feel happy. I mean really, truly, happy. There have been two times in the last few days that I just had a moment when I thought to myself "I 'm happy." It's like I feel relieved, like I've overcome an obstacle, or achieved something, sort of. I feel like my grief has eased somewhat and that constant squeeze I've felt on my heart is not so tight. My memories of dad are more likely to bring a smile than a tear.
It's been a great week. I spent time with several of my friends catching up and celebrating my birthday. We had an exciting salad with aunt Sue and Uncle Gaige as they were passing through. I started a new Bible study with the middle school kids at church and the ladies at Rock Springs Baptist. I had a day to myself to go shopping, made lots of coffee with my new Keurig, and got my hair cut. We are back into our routine and I seem to be getting over my soreness even though my energy level still seems to be lacking. The Knight and I are planning a get-away to Charleston next weekend so I am looking forward to that.
The house is still a wreck, the kids are still fighting, I still need to lose weight and the Christmas tree is still on the back porch. But it is well, it is well, with my soul.
3 comments:
I hope you had a very happy birthday! I hope this new year continues to bring you much happiness!
Love,
Pat Jones :)
I LOVE that picture, girl!!! So precious!!!!
I'm glad you are happy. I feel like I am getting there. God heals our hurts -physically and emotionally. Isn't it great to know Him?
Happy Birthday (late) to you!!
Love,
Karen
I love this picture. I can tell you are getting back to your normal self. I hope you have a good weekend. love pat
Post a Comment