CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sick kids, dust bunnies, a hungry dog and an owl

The kids are all not feeling well today. I think Anders has the croup and the girls are feverish and achy. So they just laid around all day watching tv and napping some. The Little Man didn't lie around , of course, but he has had a low grade fever and a real barking cough. He's been in his pajamas all day and when I suggested a bath and pjs he said he already had them on.

The Knight and I spent the day cleaning out our bedroom, and our closet. He is a great "vacuumer". He prefers to pull the furniture out and use the various attachments whereas I prefer to just ram the furniture and go back and forth over the same piece of string forty eleven times. I probably have 5 bags to give away and 5 bags of trash. Cleaning out under my bathroom sink was a chore and going through the expired medicine was interesting. We managed to stir up so much dust we had to open the windows for a little while to get some fresh air in the room and in our lungs.

I am overwhelmed with the kids art projects and school momentos. I bought plastic containers for each child to keep it all in and the girls' are already full. The third child though has nothing in his box but an adorable owl made out of a brown paper sack. I've really gotten slack about saving stuff or perhaps I'm just a harsher art critic these days. I just had a vision of the girls renting a u-haul to carry 12 years of their best art projects and special papers and then the Little Man putting his plastic box under his arm that contains one owl from 3-K. It really is a great owl. Quality, not quantity is what I'll just tell him.

Woody went to be groomed today and came home looking and smelling great and like he lost 10 pounds. He is hungry all the time now since he's been on a diet and he has learned to step on the trash can to get the lid to pop up. One morning last week I was hoping to get the girls out the door for school a little earlier so I fixed their breakfast first thing. Zoey ate her waffle while Allison was still running around getting her stuff together. By the time she got to the table to eat her 5 mini pancakes, it was too late. Woody had already cruised by the table and I imagine with one slight turn of the head slurped up those little things and kept on walking. It's so funny how when he scores a snack, maybe something that the kids have left out, he gently gets it in his mouth and ever so slowly exits the room to devour it in private. It cracks me up everytime I see him do that. Sometimes I'll call out his name and he'll pause a moment without looking at me and then continue on his way.

I hope this post made you smile a little on this rainy, dreary day. God bless you as you sneeze from all our dust.

0 comments: