CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not gonna "die" it

So I am starting a campaign to get healthy. I do not have the time, the money or a staff so I will have to do the best I know how. I refuse to diet. I am not going to count fat grams, calories or take a special pill. I have to make real life changes that I can manage in real life. Dieting makes me miserable. Worrying about food is not on my list of things to do. My goal is not to be skinny. I'll never be HOT- except from the occasional hot flash. I just want to live a long time and be happy and healthy. I just want to be a girl God can use.

My plan is to add healthier food to our menu- more fiber, less sugar, better snacks, VEGGIES. I want to eliminate some bad habits-late night snacking, eating the kids leftovers, too much fast food, etc. I want to get active-ride bikes, go on hikes, walk the dog (once he's presentable to go out), roller skate, swim, chase the Little Man. I want to go to bed tired and get up rested. I want to improve my posture and love my body-pre-op, post-op, pre-op, post-op. I have great plans, but that's what I'm good at. I'm a good planner-it's the follow through that's hard for me.

So far this week we've made a good start. We ate a few vegetables, more fruit, more water, and even had healthy popcorn-*SIGH* I went to the Life Center Monday and Tuesday, went skating last night with the girls and took the Little Man for a bike ride today. The weather has been great and I feel good. So what excuse do I have. I saw a cartoon that read "Would you rather exercise an hour a day or be dead 24 hours a day?" This is what I must do-it's my
"not gonna die-it".

Anybody out there want to join me?

I can do all things throught Christ which strengthenest me Phil. 4:13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl! It's time to get moving and start eating healthy. It looks like the extra 40-50 lbs I'm carrying has been causing some of my health problems. Imagine that. My goal is to lose 37 lbs (+/-) by my 37th birthday in September. I'm ready - we can do this! KA

Anonymous said...

I'M WITH YOU!! SARAH AND I HAVE BEEN TALKING HEALTHIER BUT HAVE YET TO WALK THE TALK. WE CAN ALSO PUT IN SOME OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES WITH EACH OTHER. MY BLOOD PRESSURE WILL LOVE HEALTHIER FOOD, BUT WHO WILL COOK IT???
LOVE YA!
SUZ.

Anna said...

Where do I sign up?