CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beauty all Around

You really cannot be at the beach and not praise God for the beauty He created for us to enjoy. We have a fantastic view of the ocean from our condo and we are so enjoying our time here.
I could just walk on the beach for hours at a time if I could. Mom and I walked the beach awhile today and talked a lot about the fact that we cannot please people and that we are accountable only to God. At times I feel so inadequate and so insecure. But I have to just remind myself time and time again that God is who I must please and him only. I am disappointed that I was really making progress about my body and then "whammo" a few days at the beach surrounded by all these half-dressed people and I am back to feeling bad again. But just like He created the details of this beautiful ocean landscape, He created me. I am reflecting tonight on two verses-Genesis 1:27- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him... and one of my favorites Psalm 139:14- I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
In God's eyes, I am a real beauty.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Preacher Jim's sermon has really stuck with me since he preached it several months ago. I believe it was actually just a small point out of the entire thing, but I remember him pointing out that God made us exactly who we are and that we exactly who He wants us to be and how He wants us to be and where He wants us to be as long we remain in His will. So now every time that I feel inadequate or begin to wish that I was someone else, somewhere else, or just feel that nothing about me is right, I just look up and remember that I am who God created, that He doesn't make mistakes, and that if He could love me enough to send His only Son to die on the cross in my place and for my sins knowing who I would be, what I would look like, and the things that I would do daily to displease and bring dishonor to His name then who am I to judge how He made me? Praise God! For we are fearfully and WONDERFULLY made!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having such a wonderful time on your trip! I laughed when I read your comment about the sunscreen and "the White Knight". Jason is our "White Knight", the kids luckily didn't get those genes, but I still have to have a ceremony of lotion appling just with Jason, and he still burns!!!!

I wanted to let you know that I have always thought that you are a beautiful person on the outside and inside! If it helps I will go into a little detail (sometimes that helps) you have the prettiest skin, not a blemish in sight, the most beautiful smile and sparkling teeth(I think you need to be on a Crest commercial), the best hair, it always looks goodand the list goes on! But most of all you have a love for God that shines right through your outside beauty and lights up a room wherever you go! You my friend... are a perfect 10!

Women of courage, women of strength ,
Women of faith and devotion.
Mothers of children with spirits so strong
Who may have unbridled imaginations. REFRAIN: They are women, women of courage
They are Christians, towers of strength.
They are women who put Jesus first in life
Show’ ring His love on all those they greet. Women with losses, women who love,
Whose strength and whose courage comes from above,
Whether they're mothers; or loving Aunties,
It's plain to see Jesus’ love shines through them. REFRAIN: They are women, women of courage
They are Christians, towers of strength.
They are women who put Jesus first in life
Show’ring His love on all those they greet. Women I work with, women I know,
Whether at church, or other places I go.
Women whose spirits are battered by pain,
But Christ lifts them up, and they go on again. REFRAIN: They are women, women of courage
They are Christians, towers of strength.
They are women who put Jesus first in life
Show’ring His love on all those they greet.


Love you girl,

Shannon D

Anonymous said...

You are precious in his sight. You have a beautiful body, because God gave it to you. Ponder on that Psalms:: FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY Made!!

Glad you are having a good time with your family. We miss you can't wait to see you.

Lots of Love
The Stephens

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are a real beauty....inside and out! Everyone who knows you will agree. I'm so glad you are having a relaxing spring break at the beach. Enjoy!!! Love, Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

You have always been a REAL beauty in my eyes

Michelle