Why is it that no matter what time my kids go to bed, they always wake up at the same(early) time? Can't a kid SLEEP IN?
The day started out kind of overcast and rainy and very windy, so we hung out for awhile and then went to the indoor pool. My sweet sister-in-law brought the kids all nice goggles and I discovered that one pair fit me. So I ended up thoroughly enjoying myself in the pool. Normally I don't go under water because of my contacts and all, but the goggles really helped. So the girls and I had a great time playing some of my old favorite games like go under and guess what I'm saying and try to sit indian-style on the pool floor, etc. It was great fun, until a bunch of other people showed up and we got crowded out. The little man is just like the girls were at that age; much more into playing around the pool than in it. As we were leaving Mike, Chris and Court came in and we went into town to Cruisers for big cheeseburgers. Then we walked around downtown and then over to the old fort. It was another great day.
It's been a long time since we have all spent this much time together . My girls both think my niece Courtney is the greatest thing ever and of course the little man adores "Kwis". Mom and I ended up crying while we were cooking dinner because we both agreed that it seemed like dad would just walk through the door any minute. Mom said it's just so unreal to her that he is gone. We are enjoying being together as a family, but it is so painfully evident to us all that someone very important, the backbone of our family actually, is not here. I want to talk about him and say something I remember about him, like something funny he did, but I hesitate because I don't want to bring everybody down. All I know is that we are having a great time, but I wish he was here. In actuality though, I believe he's having a whole lot more fun than eating greasy hamburgers and hanging around old forts. He's feasting at a table spread for him and living in his brand new mansion prepared just for him. HOPE-that's what keeps us all going. We know we'll see him again and that, my friends, will be a glad reunion day!
4 comments:
I hope you are enjoying your trip. Enjoy it enough for me too as my trip to the beach isn't for another two months. Be careful, have fun, take lots of pictures, make lots of memories, remember many memories from the past, and come home quickly... we miss you here in South Carolina :)
You sure are making it hard on us who are having to work during Spring Break...(just kidding)!!!
So glad to hear you all are having a great time at the beach and with family.
Enjoy it to the fullest.
Paula
Darling, if you want to talk about your sweet Daddy with your family you go right ahead-they are probably wanting to as well! Praying for you!
Shannon
SO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN!! THESE ARE MEMORIES YOU WILL CHERISH FOREVER! MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!
LOVE IN CHRIST!
SUZ
Post a Comment