I hope all of you had a wonderful day! You were right when you said the holidays would be hard; I really missed my dad today. We sang "Because He lives" at church (which is a song we sang at the funeral) and I could have just bawled my eyes out. This afternoon we planted a tree that my neighbor gave us in memory of him. Mom said she was having a tough day today also. But in spite of how much my heart is aching and how much I long to hear dad's voice, I can rejoice today. I can rejoice because my Jesus is alive and my dad is there in Heaven with him. I love Easter and the hope that this day offers to those of us who claim his as personal Lord and Savior. I am thankful that I gave Jesus my heart and He gave me a new life with Him and a promise of Heaven in return. He gave His life for me, ME, and you too my friend, so that we could be FREE. I could never repay such mercy. Oh what love He had for me. I have so very little to offer Him in return, but all that I am and all that I have I give it to him. Wholeheartedly. He deserves nothing less.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Happy Easter!
I hope all of you had a wonderful day! You were right when you said the holidays would be hard; I really missed my dad today. We sang "Because He lives" at church (which is a song we sang at the funeral) and I could have just bawled my eyes out. This afternoon we planted a tree that my neighbor gave us in memory of him. Mom said she was having a tough day today also. But in spite of how much my heart is aching and how much I long to hear dad's voice, I can rejoice today. I can rejoice because my Jesus is alive and my dad is there in Heaven with him. I love Easter and the hope that this day offers to those of us who claim his as personal Lord and Savior. I am thankful that I gave Jesus my heart and He gave me a new life with Him and a promise of Heaven in return. He gave His life for me, ME, and you too my friend, so that we could be FREE. I could never repay such mercy. Oh what love He had for me. I have so very little to offer Him in return, but all that I am and all that I have I give it to him. Wholeheartedly. He deserves nothing less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OK, I need a close up picture of those adorable matching outfits - how cute is that! Back at work today - had a little beach break, but the outlaws are still here....hope you had a wonderful time with your family at the beach - I cannot believe how grown up Christopher & Courtney are!
Yes didn't get a chance to tell you yesterday but you do soooo good on the family clothing. Your Easter blog was great it is my favorate time of the year knowing what our Lord has done for us. you did look refreahed after your beach trip but back home to the the real world. Yes, holidays are hard after we lose love ones went to N C saturday to see my family but it always seens different since my brother is no longer with us but just knowing they are with our Lord Jesus is wonderful.Love FMJ
Post a Comment