CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Movin' On

Today I met with the nurse coordinator for an oncology rehabilitation program called Moving On. It's a 10 week program designed to help cancer patients get on track for a healthy lifestyle. The focus is on exercise, nutrition and stress management. Doesn't that sound perfect for me? I had to fill out a bunch of questionnaires and I had to laugh at the one called "General Fatigue scale."
On a scale of one to ten, one being no fatigue and 10 being greatest possible fatigue-

My level of fatigue today is...
My level of fatigue most days is...
In general, the intesity of my fatigue is...
In general, the level of DISTRESS I feel due to my fatigue is...
In general, the amount of impact my fatigue has on my daily activities is...

Too bad there's not a blank at the bottom cause this is what I'd write:

In general, my level of fatigue is much more than 10, today, most days and everyday. In general, the level of my distress due to my fatigue does not keep me from my daily activities-driving a taxi, reading books to the little boy on the potty, washing 2 sets of clothes per person, , grocery shopping, cooking meals, letting the dog out, picking up sharp objects, helping with homework, monitoring snacks, giving baths, yelling, washing dirty hands, flushing the toilet, hanging up wet towels, unsticking stickers and repeatedly calling to see what time The Knight is coming home. This, dear people, is because I am a mom, not just a cancer patient. In general, this program sounds like just what I need but may I suggest the name be changed to "Movin' On:Cause nobody's movin' out" (at least for another 10 years!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a program that every woman with a children and a husband needs to take or especially me. I love how you look at things, always the positive of things. There are days that I think this house could not function without me, but then of course they would not fret over the things that I do. May God bless you in all that you do and I love reading your post.

Love ya Girl,
Melissa A.

Anonymous said...

Could you please check to see if anyone could join this program? I remember when I went for my yearly physical this passed summer, I told the nurse practioner that there were days that I felt totally lifeless and she just looked at me like I was crazy. It would be nice if you would pass along some of their suggestions. We need all the help we can get!
Have a great, stress free day!
Kathy
P. S. Chris (who is now 20) told us that he's not leaving home and that when he gets married, they will live with us.....

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You described my days!!! You are a riot!! Happy Wednesday to you!!! Love, Karen Rampey

Anonymous said...

Hey Alisa
What is a stress free day?
I didn't know there was such
a thing. Hope you have a
great day!
Love ya,
Pat