CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Movin' on to the couch

The Life Center in Greenville is a very nice place. It would be a great place to meet someone if you were single. I'm not single and I'm not looking, okay....I'm just sayin'. It was the first work out facility I've been in that didn't smell like sweaty feet. The people there were so friendly and I didn't feel too intimidated "working out" for the first time in a long time. They took it easy on me today, but can I just say that my arms hurt so bad I can barely type, but I love you so much that I didn't want to leave you without any updates. I am going to the couch pronto.

Woody has finally come to grips with his new look. He did spend most of the day in his kennel Monday and he doesn't want to ride with me to school. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and had a barking fit. That cracked me up! I really need to consult with some Golden Doodle owners and see what to do about his fur for future reference.

We are enjoying this spring weather and the Little Man loves to be outside. He wouldn't come in to potty today so I showed him how to teetee outside. Is this going to be a problem later?

One day this week Allison asked me if I was glad I had surgery and now I don't have to wear a bra. She said she guessed my armpits didn't get smelly anymore either.

I'm going to Canada! Okay not in person, but Tina Chapman did ask me to make a video for her ladies banquet in May. ( The Chapmans are our dear friends who moved to Canada last year to be missionaries.) So the last few nights I have been busy working on taping myself giving my testimony. I certainly do not feel like a gifted speaker or anything, but I do hope that sharing with people about what the Lord has done in my life will be a help to others. After they get over my accent, I hope God will get the glory through my story.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how the Lord is my strength and about what I would do if I did not have God to help me through all this. Good grief, just the struggles of daily life are enough to make someone depressed and hopeless. But then when you lose a loved one, or lose your job or get sick, how does someone who doesn't know the Lord deal with that? If I didn't trust that God was in control I would never sleep, or I'd probably be an alcoholic or something. I can remember before I accepted Christ that I had an emptiness I can't describe. And when I'd lie in bed at night I'd think a lot about dying. It used to make me mad and so uncomfortable when people would talk about God. So I'd just try to avoid them or at least keep them away from any discussions about the Bible, or Heaven or Salvation. I'm so glad that I have peace now. I don't have to worry, I can sleep well, and I don't have to avoid anybody. Maybe I still avoid people, but it's not for that reason!

I was reading some of my old posts from when my dad was sick and I read where I said that I was disappointed in him. It hurt me so much that I wrote that. I regret having those feelings and saying that. I just didn't know how sick he was. Lord, forgive me.

Alright. That's all I've got. How about starting a blog so I can keep updated on your life?

Check out Psalm 28:7- The Lord is my strength and my shield: my heart trusted in him and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song I will praise him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to go to the ladies gym in Six Mile and I loved it. I really miss going to the gym but I quit to save money to send my boy to college and it has closed now anyway. I have a friend who owns a gym but has never let me join. I know, some friend. But anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I think you will continue to enjoy it even more.
I don't think letting Anders teetee outside will create a problem. It may cause an embarrassing moment at some point but it won't be anything earth shattering.
I wonder who invented bras anyway. Probably the same person who invented pantyhose.
I think you really should go to Cananda in person. That would be great! You have a wonderful testimony and are able to share it so well. I know they will be touched more than you will ever know.
I can see a blog that I would have. It would say - I went to school, I came home, I went to church, I went to Wal-mart, I went to bed, and that would be it.
I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend. See you on Sunday!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Not having to wear a bra has got to be a blessing! That and pantyhose are a punishment for something that are ancestors must have done a long time ago!Darn them! The arm pit thing was a hoot! It's our "Secret"....

Have a nice weekend!

love you,
Shannon D.

Karen said...

I love reading your blogs. You inspired me to write one!! Thanks for being my very first "follower". I don't know that I can be as motivational as you, but it is calming to write it all out, isn't it? I am enjoying it - when I find the time!
Your little man is adorable and so are your precious girls. I love reading the things they say and do! Allison sounds so much like Olivia! It must be the first born thing!
God knows your heart about your disappointment with your Dad. You wanted him to fight. You wanted him here. That's normal. I felt that way about my daddy. I wanted him to be stronger and stay here for me. It's so hard to let go.
I still want to do our quality time breakfast. I have not forgotten. I am going to call you and make a plan! Love you, Karen

Unknown said...

I've actually thought about starting a blog but I'm not sure what I would write about and with all the crazy thoughts that go through my head sometimes I'm not sure that anyone would be able to follow what I'm saying anyway. Lol :) I hope you're having a good week! See you Sunday! God Bless!