
I cried at school today. Allison won The Governor's Citizenship Award.
This is what her teacher wrote to nominate her.
I am nominating Allison from my 2nd grade class to win the Governor's Citizenship Award. Allison is a young lady of character, discipline, responsibility, leadership and service.
This had been a tough year for Allison. Her mother had surgery for breast cancer and Allison stepped in to help in every possible way. When I talked to Allison's mom during this time, she told me how great Allison was to help take care of her younger sister and brother. Even when she was scared or tired, she knew her mom needed her to help with the family and she did what she knew she had to do to help out.
In the classroom, Allison is always smiling. She works hard and competes her work. She is always willing to run errands or complete tasks. She is a great asset to have in the room.
Allison is always honest and kind. She takes up for those who need support and stands by those who need a friend. When a new student in the class came with a peanut allergy, Allison knew she needed a friend to sit with at the peanut-free table. Allison stepped in so that she would not feel isolated and alone.
Allison is a rule follower. She knows what is expected of her and she shows it each day. She always gives 110% in everything I give her. My day is always better with Allison's shining smile and beautiful spirit.
From her 2nd grade teacher
Y'all, I am so proud of this child, but I must tell you I take NO credit for this. (Perhaps her knightly father could, but I cannot.) She's had a servant's heart her whole life and God has his hand on her. I feel as if I am just barely holding on to the reins as she takes off into the great big world of possibilities. She is a gift from God and I am thankful for her.
My dear, sweet Allison- You sure did make us proud of you today girl. We are proud of you everyday, but it was wonderful to see what an impact you are making everyday there on your mission field. Your actions prove that God's love is flowing through you and He even shines in your face as well. Mrs. G. was right, this has been a tough year, but you rose to the challenge and did more for our family than most eight- year- olds could handle. I am sure I haven't thanked you enough for all you did for me and our family while I was in the hospital and recovering. I appreciate your willingness to jump in and help. You really are an amazing child. Iloveyoumuchly- Mom
This is what her teacher wrote to nominate her.
I am nominating Allison from my 2nd grade class to win the Governor's Citizenship Award. Allison is a young lady of character, discipline, responsibility, leadership and service.
This had been a tough year for Allison. Her mother had surgery for breast cancer and Allison stepped in to help in every possible way. When I talked to Allison's mom during this time, she told me how great Allison was to help take care of her younger sister and brother. Even when she was scared or tired, she knew her mom needed her to help with the family and she did what she knew she had to do to help out.
In the classroom, Allison is always smiling. She works hard and competes her work. She is always willing to run errands or complete tasks. She is a great asset to have in the room.
Allison is always honest and kind. She takes up for those who need support and stands by those who need a friend. When a new student in the class came with a peanut allergy, Allison knew she needed a friend to sit with at the peanut-free table. Allison stepped in so that she would not feel isolated and alone.
Allison is a rule follower. She knows what is expected of her and she shows it each day. She always gives 110% in everything I give her. My day is always better with Allison's shining smile and beautiful spirit.
From her 2nd grade teacher
Y'all, I am so proud of this child, but I must tell you I take NO credit for this. (Perhaps her knightly father could, but I cannot.) She's had a servant's heart her whole life and God has his hand on her. I feel as if I am just barely holding on to the reins as she takes off into the great big world of possibilities. She is a gift from God and I am thankful for her.
My dear, sweet Allison- You sure did make us proud of you today girl. We are proud of you everyday, but it was wonderful to see what an impact you are making everyday there on your mission field. Your actions prove that God's love is flowing through you and He even shines in your face as well. Mrs. G. was right, this has been a tough year, but you rose to the challenge and did more for our family than most eight- year- olds could handle. I am sure I haven't thanked you enough for all you did for me and our family while I was in the hospital and recovering. I appreciate your willingness to jump in and help. You really are an amazing child. Iloveyoumuchly- Mom
8 comments:
boy! GREAT GOING THAT IS A VERY HIGH HONOR ALLISON . I KNOW ALISA YOU AND PETE ARE SO PROUD OF HER . I FEEL YOUR CHILDERN EXCEL BECAUSE OF THE CHURCH AND HOME BACKGROUNG THEY COME FROM. SO REALLY BE PROUD OF WHAT GOD HAS DONE IN YOUR HOME.LOVE FMJ
Alisa,
Allison is a precious child and deserved that award. She is the sweetest child. She did a great job last night playing the piano. May God continue to bless her. I know you and Pete are busting with joy with her accomplishments. Have a great day.
Love ya,
Sandy
Alisa,
She is such a joy to us to have her in kids club. Joey and I were talking Sunday night going home of how she had that big smile in the choir when they were singing. She reminded me so much of you and how you have that smile when you are in the choir. I know that God has so much in store for her and it will be a blessing just watching her take off.
Melissa A.
Allison is a sweet, special child! We were giving out missionary cards in class Sunday and her face lit up when I gave her a family to pray for. She was so eager to write them a letter!
We all want our kids to be the best that they can be at the things that they are interested in, but when it boils down to it, that stuff doesn't even matter. As long as they are being the best they can be for God and serving him then the rest is not important.
You know kids are better missionaries than us a lot of the time. Eve will come home and tell me how she invited little "Suzie" from school to church or how she was trying to explain to Little "Billy" how God died for our sins and how he can get to Heaven,and it amazes me! She went to gymnastics camp last summer and when she came home she was very quiet. I thought bc she had been away from home for a week but when I sat down with her to see what was wrong she began to tell me about these two team members of hers that were of other beliefs. She went on and on about in depth conversations that they had. With tears in her eyes she kept saying " Mom, but can you talk to their moms and invite them to come to our church, I asked them but they told me that ours was wrong and they didn't want to come, I don't want them to be confused". She still brings that up and I think that she is still praying for them.
Here we(grown ups) are surrounded by those we KNOW are dieing and going to hell and we bite our lip bc we don't want to offend someone or make someone we work with mad. We should all be like these children and Be Little Warriors for Christ! Maybe then we'll get an award for "Good citizenship".
Tell her congrats!
Shannon D.
Alisa
Congratulations, Allison.
I told you that you have wonderful children.
Love ya
Pat
WAY TO GO ALLISON, that's awesome and you definitely deserve it!!! Alisa, you can be proud of yours and Pete's accomplishments! What we teach and show definitely reflects on who they are, what they do and how they act! Congratulations to all of you! Love, Linda K.
Aww - so proud of her - so awesome!
Girl...I am crying reading about your sweet child. I know your heart is about to burst! Congratulations to Allison for letting Jesus shine through her!
Love, Karen
Post a Comment