CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome Friends!

Happy Fall Y'all!

Monday, June 8, 2009

The Lord is nigh

So today I was working out at the Life Center and chit chatting away with the trainer when I heard them call a "code stat" over the intercom. I felt sad thinking it was probably someone over in the cardiac rehab or pulmonary rehab until someone rushed over to me and said, "It's your little boy in the nursery!" I took off running and just cried out to the Lord for help. When I got there Allison and Zoey were standing outside crying and the Little Man was on the floor surrounded by nurses. They said he'd had a seizure. We thought he had outgrown febrile seizures since the last one was almost a year and a half ago. Apparently he told Zoey his head hurt, laid down and fell asleep briefly before rolling off into the floor in a seizure. To make a long story short, we went to the ER by ambulance and had him checked over. He was negative for strep and the only thing they found was a slightly infected ear. This is the 4th time he's had a febrile seizure. He usually has no symptoms of anything but spikes a fever so quickly he goes into a seizure for a short time. There is nothing you can do for him, but it tears me out of my frame every time. They are traumatic for everyone involved. When your child is in trouble it's natural to fall to pieces. But today I felt strong and brave there on the nursery floor as they worked on my Little Man. A peaceful presence was beside me as we rode in the ambulance to the ER. There's something different in me now; I'm not sure words can explain it. It's something about trust and peace.

I don't have much confidence in the government, no faith in the stock market. I'm not sure my kids will get through school without a tattoo or an addiction or an unplanned pregnancy. I don't know if there will be any social security, or a cure for cancer or world peace. But I do know that when I cry out to the Lord for help, He is there.

The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him...Psalm 146:18

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa
I'm so sorry you had to go through that again. It is good to know that God is there with us when we call. I hope the rest of your week is better than today.
Love ya
Pat

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
I'm so sorry to hear this happened to Anders again, but I'm so..... glad he's okay! I can only imagine how scared Allison and Zoey were. I'll be praying for him! Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness Alisa, I am so sorry to hear this. I know that was scary for all involved. I never knew he had seizures before. I will be praying for him.

I know it made you feel so much better knowing that God was there and taking care of everything.

love you,

Shannon D.

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
I'm so glad Anders was ok and that you were there with him (and the girls). I don't know if you were there at VBS last night for the singing, but I thought of you during the songs. All the kids were doing such a great job singing about God's presence with us. Thank you for touching our lives! Claudia

Karen said...

Alisa, so glad that you have the peace that only God can give. Hopefully, Little Man will grow out of the seizures. Love, Karen

Lori said...

Wow, how terribly scary for you. So glad that everything is ok. I'll keep praying for all of you.
Love ya!

5 Boys And Me said...

Oh my gosh Alisa I am just reading this, that is so scary - I know you were scared out of your mind, but obviously handled with grace as always -